FWC Hawk fits Titan XD

wpage66

Advanced Member
OK, back from a year away from home and upgraded from '10 F150 5.4l to a Titan XD 5.0 Cummings. I didn't do a detailed check on measurements so was with a little trepidation I went to get the Hawk '06 out of storage in barn on some family ground.

It was tight getting backed up by self, wife had other commitments, got a little close to drivers wheel flare and left a bit of paint from jack stand leg.

In the end it all fit well, just used bed tie downs in front, rear ones to far back for turnbuckles to reach. Will put in proper ones tomorrow.

Wood box on top is to set Hawk on at home to unload off truck and tinker on after this weekends trip. Plenty of bugs to clean out and do some quick prepping to get ready for a last minute trip. Also a plywood sheet between Hawk and bed only 3/4".

Truck handled it well and felt better that F150 pulling it, it only had helwig helper springs to help with sagging. Not much drop on Titan but have some airbags on order.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Wander The West mobile app

Congrats on your new truck and your camper looks great on it! :)

I'll look forward to your review of the new Titan diesel. I've always been a fan of Nissan trucks. We had a 1963 L320 up until it went to a new home last year.

I saw one of the Titans at Expo East this past weekend and told my wife that this rig should revolutionize the 1/2 ton truck camper market!

I don't think you could have made a better choice! Please keep us updated.

Back
Top Bottom