Lagun Style Table Mount

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
After checking out MarkBC's Lagun table mount in his camper, the Lady thought it would be a nice addition. It was a sturdier mount with a more rigid table and it eliminated the need to store the table parts when we drove.

This was our original, traditional table set up when we remodeled our camper.

gallery_1902_252_64709.jpg

Because I knew I would be modifying the parts (i.e. cutting them up) I bought the chinese knock off on eBay.

Springfield Lagun Style Table Pedestal

I shortened the mounting base and added two new top screw holes to fit my space.

gallery_1902_252_95854.jpg

I shortened the main pedestal on both ends. I added a second hole to the bottom and used two 5/16" bolts for a rigid attachment. I don't plan to raise and lower the table so needed no ajustability here. The plastic insert on the top that incorporates the male mounting post for the horizontal leg is easy to remove with careful tapping with a long hardwood dowel. Then the pedestal can be cut to length and the insert reinstalled. I shortened the horizontal leg in the same manner by removing the end caps and the female inserts for the plastic male posts. I cut the aluminum to length, drilled a new 1 1/8" hole for the female insert along with a narrow 1/8" slot that allows for tightening of the bolts, and a new hole for the tightening bolt.

I also added a length of stick on fuzzy velcro to the top of the cross piece for a buffering spacer between it and the mount on the table bottom.

For $80 bucks and a little bit of custom work, we are pleased and will see how well it holds up.

gallery_1902_252_58024.jpg

gallery_1902_252_87609.jpg

Looks great, ski!

One question: With your old table style, why did you need to stow the table parts when you drove? It's not clear -- to me -- from your "before" photo that you'd need to.
huh.gif

One question: With your old table style, why did you need to stow the table parts when you drove? It's not clear -- to me -- from your "before" photo that you'd need to.
huh.gif

I couldn't leave my original table mounted because bouncing down bumpy jeep trails would bounce the table right off of the mounting leg.

I couldn't leave my original table mounted because bouncing down bumpy jeep trails would bounce the table right off of the mounting leg.

Yup, this is correct. Only friction and downward force held the original mount together. Someone should do a youtube video of a traditional table mount coming apart while driving fast down washboard. :LOL:

Yup, this is correct. Only friction and downward force held the original mount together. Someone should do a youtube video of a traditional table mount coming apart while driving fast down washboard. :LOL:

My original table came apart simply due to my putting a 17" laptop on it. The entire table snapped off of the mount.

Yup, this is correct. Only friction and downward force held the original mount together.Ahh...I see -- thanks.

Someone should do a youtube video of a traditional table mount coming apart while driving fast down washboard. :LOL:

That would be cool... Maybe another sequence showing a front-loading fridge door swinging open and stuff flying out...containers opening and spewing on the floor.
laugh.gif

Reminds me of a scene like that from The Long, Long Trailer...

Back
Top Bottom