Step By Step Solar Instructions?

Garymc

Advanced Member
I've searched to no avail as the forum is rife with solar installs of sooooooooo many kinds. Does anyone know if there is a step-by-step process on this forum or anywhere else for installing solar into the factory wiring on a recent FWC?

Thanks- Gary

I've searched to no avail as the forum is rife with solar installs of sooooooooo many kinds. Does anyone know if there is a step-by-step process on this forum or anywhere else for installing solar into the factory wiring on a recent FWC?

Thanks- Gary

Of course, call the factory! But this might get you started, too.

My thoughts exactly. I was just getting ready to make a similar posting.

Calling the factory is easy, getting someone to call me back seems to be difficult....

Thanks for the the link.

eeeek !

I know they have Rich out in service burried alive.

The summer time rush is here with people wanting to get parts & repairs for their campers.

I will see if I can help, and then I can also get Chicalis help as needed too.

What year is your camper ??

All of the newer FWC's are prewired for solar.

If you requested a plug on the roof, it would be there.

If not, the wiring will be under the roof skin in a specific location.

If you e-mail me your name I can look up your sales records and get you the roof measurements on where the solar wiring is located on your camper roof.

If you have a "shell" model camper, the sloar panel wiring comes in to the camper in the front, driver's side corner, behind the small wooden block.

The solar panel wiring will be 1 red wire, and 1 black wire.

If you have a normal camper, the wiring will come in to the camper in the front, driver's side under the cabinets.

Please e-mail me at ... stan@fourwh.com

I don't have all of the details, but I can at least let you know where the wiring in the camper is.

Thanks

Stan

===============================================================================

Calling the factory is easy, getting someone to call me back seems to be difficult....

Thanks for the the link.

Attachments

• solar panel pre-wire plate.JPG
    solar panel pre-wire plate.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 370
  • Solar Plug (backing plate in roof).JPG
    Solar Plug (backing plate in roof).JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 386
  • Solar Plug (female plug on roof cover closed).JPG
    Solar Plug (female plug on roof cover closed).JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 389
Thanks, Stan. I just sent you an email.

eeeek !

I know they have Rich out in service burried alive.

The summer time rush is here with people wanting to get parts & repairs for their campers.

I will see if I can help, and then I can also get Chicalis help as needed too.

What year is your camper ??

All of the newer FWC's are prewired for solar.

If you requested a plug on the roof, it would be there.

If not, the wiring will be under the roof skin in a specific location.

If you e-mail me your name I can look up your sales records and get you the roof measurements on where the solar wiring is located on your camper roof.

If you have a "shell" model camper, the sloar panel wiring comes in to the camper in the front, driver's side corner, behind the small wooden block.

The solar panel wiring will be 1 red wire, and 1 black wire.

If you have a normal camper, the wiring will come in to the camper in the front, driver's side under the cabinets.

Please e-mail me at ... stan@fourwh.com

I don't have all of the details, but I can at least let you know where the wiring in the camper is.

Thanks

Stan

===============================================================================

Best price for solor panel kit at costco.....so far. check it out.
http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=10321339&lang=en-CA

Still waiting on the email back...... The wiring is not in the location that Rich gave me.... I'm waiting for a call back from anyone at this point.

Well, after being given second set of measurements I have the panel wired into the roof, but still don't know where the wiring end up in the camper. I can see the red and black under the cabinets like Stan said, but where do they go from there.......?

I wish I just would had had this done at the factory. :oops:

Well, after being given second set of measurements I have the panel wired into the roof, but still don't know where the wiring end up in the camper. I can see the red and black under the cabinets like Stan said, but where do they go from there.......?

I wish I just would had had this done at the factory. :oops:

Gary,

I don't know what year or model camper you have but on my '06 Grandby the solar wires are terminated in the lower front driver's side area near the water pump.

Back
Top Bottom