Brunton Solar Panels

marblecreek

Has anyone tried using the Brunton Solaris solar panels with their FWC? I am considering the purchase of one becuase it is so light weight.

Steve

This is my 2nd attemp at reply....Don't know what happened to the first.

Anyhow,
I have a 32W brunton portable panel. Works great for what it is. I often will place it up on top of the camper, on the windshield, or hang from the side depending on time of day and sun orientation. I use it to charge a battery pack in the camper. Don't like the weight of a regular panel on the roof, as it makes it harder to lift. Do like that it is portable. Works great in the sun. here in the Northwest, lots of trees, so sun is not so good. At least I can move it since it is portable. Will run the Engel fridge in fridge mode in direct sunlight. Do have to worry about someone stealing it. But, when out in the middle of nowhere, this is not an issue.

Also use it when I travel. Great for charging small things like camera batteries when away from any power. Ipod and netbook love it too. fits nicely in a backpack.

Wish i could get a 64W panel instead. but they are expensive. Looking at those thin, flexible solar "shingles" but they seem too expensive now.

Good luck.

dave
seattle

Dave, thanks for the reply. I am considering several options: the 26 Watt, two 26 Watts (I understand that linking them is a pain but it can be done), or the 52 Watt panel. At the moment, the 26 Watt can be found for under $300. Expensive when compared to the silicon panels, but might be worth the extra $$$ for the reduced weight and portability.

Steve

the charge controllers that interface the panel to the battery are really good battery chargers, good "maintainers".
having one mounted, i.e. dedicated, means that the house battery is very well cared for....every day.

a portable unit would not be baby sitting the battery all the time.

Back
Top Bottom