solar '101'

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie
Site Team
I just finished my solar install. I started with a 45w panel,26"x21" at 10#. I chose the rear right for better weight distribution . With this i needed to reroute the wires through the roof,since i had my solar lead up front under the overhang so i could have a pull out panel. Changed my mind on that one. I used a threaded hollow piece of lamp tube about 1 3/4" long for a 'weather head'. With the thin bolts on either side and tightened them down,well caulked and ran 2 #12 wires from the panel through the roof down the inside corner and out the plywood step area to the controlled in the battery space.The wires run under the side overhang step to the front and into the camper where the main wiring comes through. The panel is bolted directly to the roof rack with 4 bolts and the 2 ell brackets. All is working great. A few questions. 1.I didn't put a fuse on the system should i and does it go between the panel and controller or the controller and battery? 2. I see some use rubber between the mounting brackets and the camper,why? Thanks for all the help with the responses to the other solar threads.
DSCN3236.jpg
Frank

Attachments

• DSCN3232.jpg
    DSCN3232.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 243
  • DSCN3233.jpg
    DSCN3233.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 253
  • DSCN3234.jpg
    DSCN3234.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 233
  • DSCN3235.jpg
    DSCN3235.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 227
  • DSCN3237.jpg
    DSCN3237.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 208
Disease prevention :eek: I thought some vibration isolation might be good.

Thanks. I thought about using some sort of rubber but my panel has 6 secure points so didn't think i needed the vibration isolation.

Frank

Back
Top Bottom