Cell phone "boosters"?

Durango1

As I've posted before Sioux and I are planning our 40th anniversary road trip from Durango, CO to Portland, OR and then back through Idaho and Wyoming. We'll obviously be traveling through marginal cell phone reception. (No freeways for these old coots!)

So has anyone had success for increasing their internet reception through a "weboost Drive 4G-S Cell Phone Signal Booster Kit" #470107? Our current provider is Verizon and we use the Samsung S-3 with 4GB monthly data with our phone being a mobile hot spot.

Thanks for any input or suggestions. (We aren't married to the above cell booster.)

Steve

Here's a a link to a section of a thread in which a couple of us posted about our success with Wilson signal boosters -- a couple of different models.

I've used mine for several years -- still satisfied.

I cannot remember the model, but we use those in our trucks for wildland fire and they help quite a bit in the remote areas with poor coverage. Worthwhile if you really want reception in those kind of areas.

Wilson sleek for the last three years for verizon phone. Upgraded antenna, amazing difference all over Montana and Idaho.

So based on your responses I ordered this booster last night along with an extra 12" antenna for the cab. The plan is to move the booster from the cab back to the camper at night where I will install the standard antenna that comes with the kit. I'll let everyone know how it does and thanks for the help.

Steve

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom