Heresssssssssss Johnny

CougarCouple

Well here is our Cougar under construction. Thanks to Rockcod who took these photos, we got a little eye candy for the holidays. Also thanks to Wanderingsagebush for a little nudge in how to post these gem's.
Getting closer folks, what's a new camper smell like. Maybe I'll start a new what's that smell thread soon.

Russ

http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/uploads/gallery/catego

http://s1183.photobucket.com/user/flruss/media/ATC%20cougar/IMG_1132.jpg.html

http://s1183.photobucket.com/user/flruss/media/ATC%20cougar/IMG_1134.jpg.html

http://s1183.photobucket.com/user/flruss/media/ATC%20cougar/IMG_1135.jpg.html

http://s1183.photobucket.com/user/flruss/media/ATC%20cougar/IMG_1133.jpg.html

Hey cougars,

I went to the photobucket site and chose the direct share option.
Then came back here to WTW and clicked on the square picture icon and pasted the link.
Then you will see the images showing in your posts.

Congrats on the Cougar camper!

img_160937_0_28712818847be6a450027d41666e05cd.jpg

Thanks Lighthawk, I felt like a caveman chiseling on rock to post those pictures. I appreciate you sharing that and will try it with future shots. right now my head hurts :)

Russ

Russ,
The Cougar looks great! I think I missed what your specifics are for your camper. Did you post a list?

Best of luck, I'm sure you can't wait.

Please keep posting pictures as you have them.

jimjxsn said:
Russ,
The Cougar looks great! I think I missed what your specifics are for your camper. Did you post a list?
Hi jimjxsn
Thanks for that, we are excited for sure.
No I don't think I did. From memory

Outside passenger side awning w/ light
Rear one flood, rotopax mount driverside,framed for a/c power run, outside shower.
150w solar on roof, Yakima tracks front to back
Sink,stove,heater,framed for water heater,2-batteries,shore power charger, no ice box,space dedicated deck with power for engle mr040 in rear
Bench seat shortened in rear for Porto potti. Queen bed, 2 fans

Best of luck, I'm sure you can't wait. Check

Please keep posting pictures as you have them.
was lucky rockcod stopped by and snapped those, how nice was that.
Headed out to Reno to meet Marty tomorrow might could snap a couple of the install.

Congrats CougarCouple! I hope you have a good trip up to Reno tomorrow. Your timing couldn't be better since you'll be between storms, and the weekend is supposed to be ugly. On a different note I am very curious as to what day you ordered your ATC. I put my order in on September 12, 2016, and I am now getting VERY anxious!
Again have a great trip,
Richard

Hi weldpro
Not sure on exact date, but was around same time. What did you order? Kind crazy day got up at 4am hit Reno at2:10. Marty was there about an hour before us. 2 1/2 hrs later we said our good by's. We're in Fallon at the Walmart camp lot. Got propane 4min before the guy was going home. Marty was great, even swept out the camper. ImageUploadedByWander The West1483761157.911929.jpgImageUploadedByWander The West1483761201.504067.jpg[attachment=26697:ImageUploaded

Jim will give more later about camper came in at 1241 dry.
Later Russ

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWander The West1483761217.966696.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWander The West1483761217.966696.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 125
Hi weldpro Not sure on exact date, but was around same time. What did you order? Kind crazy day got up at 4am hit Reno at2:10. Marty was there about an hour before us. 2 1/2 hrs later we said our good by's. We're in Fallon at the Walmart camp lot. Got propane 4min before the guy was going home. Marty was great, even swept out the camper.
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByWander The West1483761157.911929.jpg
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByWander The West1483761201.504067.jpg[attachment=26697:ImageUploadedJim will give more later about camper came in at 1241 dry. Later Russ Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West[/quote

Great stuff
That is fantastic and it looks awesome on your Ford. We certainly do have a prediction for a good storm with Saturday am as a kickoff. It looks like you have a 78 " bed length,I'm not sure what F250 bed lengths are. if so did the holes for mounting the tie downs go behind the rear fender well on the flat section of the bed ? I noticed on the shop Chevy, might be Jeffs, the holes were in the actual wheel well.

So glad your day worked out! Hopefully tomorrow will be pretty uneventful as far as weather goes. I believe you are probably taking the best route to go home to stay away from traffic, and people who cannot drive in snow! On a side be cautious concerning your speed when getting close to small townships (Goldfield etc) as they are well known for speed traps.
My wife & I ordered a Ocelot shell that is actually fairly loaded with the exception of the cabinet work from the fridge area to the cab. It has the heater, propane tank, and stove in that corner. I already have a Dometic truck style fridge, sink, and all the other stuff I need to build out the rest of those cabinets. Oh, and we did go side dinette but I did not go with the table because I wanted the Lagun mount (which I already have here) so I will be making the table as well. The ATC will being going onto a 2016 2500 Ram w/Cummins, and I am in the middle of building it into a well equipped off road machine. I have already built a front bumper, and added a Warn Zeon 12K in a multI mount that I also built. I will have to take the time to post up what our actual camper/truck build is so I don't clog up YOUR thread!
Have a safe trip home, and I hope you stayed warm tonight!
Richard

Hi Rockcod
Thanks for the compliment. Fast couple of days for sure, and defiantly think the big guy was watching over us. The bed is 96 in.. did not see under the bed, Marty said the location catches bracing. In the bed the fronts are pretty much flat, the rears are definitely on the wheel to the rear on the radius, well I'd say about 3-4 in up from the flat part of the bed. Marty put a large washer on the drill bit to help him locate it properly was neat to watch the process. Might be the second or third one he has ever installed. ( hahahaha) checked the turnbuckles when we got home seemed the same as when he installed them. I would recommend to anyone getting camper installed to be there , and watch. You will get good info that might be useful in the future.

Hi Richard
Asked around and found that route recommended as probably the best. Today was cold but beautiful even with all the clouds. Left Fallon at 8:30 got home at 3:30.
Your build sounds nice, so are you saying the fringe will be in the front? Did you ask them to place a power supply where the fridge is going or are you running that in the new cabinet yourself?
Sounds nice when is your arrival date, and post up that well equipped Dodge. We got about 10.5 mpg with the camper coming home. Fords 6.2 is not lacking I passed a couple MH and put my foot in it no problem moved right along. Got propane 4:00 min. Before the proprietor closed shop. No problem heating camper, did have some condensation on windows. Cracked the vent a little, will try what others have said to get a little draft thru the camper, but that for a later date.

Thanks to everyone else for their kind thoughts, will try get some more photos and do a little write up on the camper, I remember reading others and found them useful, not to mention fun to read. Our first outing is Quartize coming up.
Russ

My wife & I ordered a Ocelot shell that is actually fairly loaded with the exception of the cabinet work from the fridge area to the cab. It has the heater, propane tank, and stove in that corner. I already have a Dometic truck style fridge, sink, and all the other stuff I need to build out the rest of those cabinets. Oh, and we did go side dinette but I did not go with the table because I wanted the Lagun mount (which I already have here) so I will be making the table as well. The ATC will being going onto a 2016 2500 Ram w/Cummins, and I am in the middle of building it into a well equipped off road machine. I have already built a front bumper, and added a Warn Zeon 12K in a multI mount that I also built. I will have to take the time to post up what our actual camper/truck build is so I don't clog up YOUR thread!
Have a safe trip home, and I hope you stayed warm tonight!
Richard[/quote]

Well here goes an attempt at a report on our new Cougar! Here are some photos I took this afternoon, after trying to get all my weekend jobs done.
Probably not many differences from any other Cougar. We did go with several amenities for creature comforts.There would be the plumbing for the water heater. ATC installed the proper faucet and framed the opening, also stubbed the gas, and both water lines at the end of the cabinet where the drawer is. Can't believe how they shoe horned in everything, really impressive on their design. Jeff suggested two batteries with the solar, it also can receive charge from truck when running, and has a 120v system which can also charge the camper batteries. Couch/bed was shortened to make room for the PP. we opted for an Engle top load refrigerator the icebox space was reconfigured to accommodate the Engle with power there. Shade awning over the window makes for a comfortable place from where to BBQ. Did our first mod and shortened the awning crank by 12 in feels much better when in use,this was suggested by Marty, it now also fits under the couch. Can you see the camper lights in each upper corner they come on with the breaks, or turn signals. The marker lights are tiny, assuming there LED along with all the others. Hit me up if you have any questions.
Russ

And heressssssssss Marty. Thanks for everything Marty, it was a lousy day, but you shined on!

Back
Top Bottom