Ford Bed Melts in fire

kmcintyre

Attachments

• ford.jpg
    ford.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 1,364
Yeah, a little more than the bed too. I'm assuming it was cargo induced or at least propagated. The whole front clip and engine compartment looks relatively unscathed but cab back is completely gone. Will probably turn into a Chevy commercial with real people.

Gasoline, I assume and aluminum do not mix under some circumstances, I cannot tell if that is a F150 or not? If it was a diesel perhaps the cargo assisted the conflagration.

Throw a beer can into your campfire and see what happens. Vehicle fires get a lot hotter than that, just ask a fireman.

Actors aren't real people?

jim

Curious how everything forward of the firewall seems pretty intact. It is an F150 so the fuel tank probably did add to it.

Timing is how the firewall forward survived. That is when the Fire Dept got it under control.

I agree, just because a steel would still "look" like a bed it wouldn't be any more usable. An old mentor of mine used to build a big bonfire at the start of each circle track race season. He put the car's steel body in the fire. Made it much easier to pull the fenders out of the tires 'cause "rubbin's racin!!"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom