Hawk Shell D-Ring mounting

astropuppy

Advanced Member
I want to mount 4 D-Rings on the driver side shelf to strap a 12v chest refrigerator down. Through bolting the inner (closest to center-line) rings appears easy due to easy access through the storage area under the shelf.

Should I through bolt the outer rings completely through the shelf to underside of the camper or use wood screws and not penetrate the exterior?

astropuppy said:
I want to mount 4 D-Rings on the driver side shelf to strap a 12v chest refrigerator down. Through bolting the inner (closest to center-line) rings appears easy due to easy access through the storage area under the shelf.

Should I through bolt the outer rings completely through the shelf to underside of the camper or use wood screws and not penetrate the exterior?
Strap Works in Eugene is a good source for Footman Loops and other supplies. Either screws or through bolting should be fine, but seal the holes if you use bolts.

I installed several L Track Tie Down points from US Cargo Control in our camper. They are more expensive than a simple D-ring, but have the advantage that you can easily remove the "O" ring attachment piece when you aren't using it. This leaves behind just the smooth, low-profile attachment point.

https://www.uscargocontrol.com/2-Round-Anchor-Point-Tie-Down-Kit-Black

I installed them on both the interior cabinet walls and through the exterior walls (mostly adjacent to the turnbuckle doors so that I could easily tighten the bolts on the back side). Each attachment point is anchored by 2, 1/4-20 bolts that are secured with a backing plate.

Tie-down 2 (660px).jpgTie-down 1 (660px).jpgTie-down 3 (660px).jpg

heinphoto said:
I installed several L Track Tie Down points from US Cargo Control in our camper. They are more expensive than a simple D-ring, but have the advantage that you can easily remove the "O" ring attachment piece when you aren't using it. This leaves behind just the smooth, low-profile attachment point.

I installed them on both the interior cabinet walls and through the exterior walls (mostly adjacent to the turnbuckle doors so that I could easily tighten the bolts on the back side). Each attachment point is anchored by 2, 1/4-20 bolts that are secured with a backing plate.

attachicon.gif
Tie-down 2 (660px).jpg
attachicon.gif
Tie-down 1 (660px).jpg
attachicon.gif
Tie-down 3 (660px).jpg
very slick

heinphoto said:

attachicon.gif
Tie-down 2 (660px).jpg
attachicon.gif
Tie-down 1 (660px).jpg
attachicon.gif
Tie-down 3 (660px).jpg
nice. thanks

Back
Top Bottom