Vintage campers

OutbacKamper

I came across some intersting pics of older 4 wheel campers, and naturally thought of posting them here:
Chev Blazer:
fwdgen3.jpg

International Scout:
fourwheelmag2.jpg

Ford Bronco:
fourwheelmag3.jpg

Cheers
Mark

Further back than I care to recall had an old Trooper. A buddy and I cut the thing up and stuck a camper in the back and drove the crap out of it. I wasnt smart enough to take any pix of it or to keep it. I'd love to have it now.

Jay

Craig,

According to an article posted on Truck Camper.com and referenced from the FWC website the company started in 1972 in Colorado.

Yes, the four wheel campers have been around for a long time !

Here are some of the older shots I have in my computer.

I have stacks of pictures in our file drawers of some of the originals campers made back then -- just no time to scan them all in.

Attachments

• Blazer with Camper2.jpg
    Blazer with Camper2.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 2,203
  • scout with camper in field.jpg
    scout with camper in field.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 1,723
  • bronco camper '66.jpg
    bronco camper '66.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 1,806
  • Old Grandby.jpg
    Old Grandby.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,882
  • Camping.jpg
    Camping.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 1,748
old photos

Stan,

Take a look through the files. There is a picture of a camper on an old International in front of the Eiffel Tower. That was the first camper made supposedly by FWC. The picture used to be on a board that was in the office there. Might be a good one to scan for a keepsake and show people.

I don't think this ever saw production, but I love the concept and I love the '72 Blazers -

70k5camp.jpg

That look like the Animal House frat this rig is in front of.

old camper

Must have missed that one. Now you know the story behind it. Supposedly it was the first camper build by FWC. I don't know how it got to Paris though.

It's not a pop up, but this camper was so unique I thought you might like to see it. It was photographed in the early '70's. Yes, that smoke is coming from a wood burning stove!

Attachments

• Camper at Goldstream early 70s  Disc 25 [640x480].jpg
    Camper at Goldstream early 70s Disc 25 [640x480].jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 559
Very similar to my Blazer FWC model... I still haven't mastered digital camera etc, but will eventually post photos...

Art
'86 Blazer

Stan,

Scanning in old pictures would be a good job for an intern.

My chiropractor has an intern that works for free because interning is a requirement of her college degree.

Check with your local community college.

Back
Top Bottom