Kitchen Organizer

leadsled9

Contributors
I finally got around to making a kitchen organizer for my Hawk. I wanted one that would fold down with the top so I wouldn't have to mess with it when putting the top down. I also wanted it to fully utilize the velcro strips located on top and bottom of the soft sides (ie. no holes drilled into the camper).

Here's some pic's of the results. The third picture is of the organizer folded in the top-down position. The paper towel holder does have to be taken down....but it just slides out of a dovetail (very quick).

Attachments

• kitchen_organizer.JPG
    kitchen_organizer.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 1,694
  • kitchen_organizer2.JPG
    kitchen_organizer2.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 1,924
  • organizer_folded.JPG
    organizer_folded.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 1,806
  • kitchen_organizer3.JPG
    kitchen_organizer3.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 1,519
Wow. That is slick. Good ideas and very nice mod.
Will have to think if this might work for me.

Interesting mattress....is that a mod as well?

dave in seattle

I finally got around to making a kitchen organizer for my Hawk. I wanted one that would fold down with the top so I wouldn't have to mess with it when putting the top down. I also wanted it to fully utilize the velcro strips located on top and bottom of the soft sides (ie. no holes drilled into the camper).

Here's some pic's of the results. The third picture is of the organizer folded in the top-down position. The paper towel holder does have to be taken down....but it just slides out of a dovetail (very quick).

Very nice arrangement .What do you do with all the kitchen mods when you use the bed?Do you have the extenda cab?

Thanks for the pics

Frank

Interesting mattress....is that a mod as well?

Thats just the standard FWC mattress with a bedroll on top.

Very nice arrangement .What do you do with all the kitchen mods when you use the bed?Do you have the extenda cab?

The only thing that is in the way when the extension is in play is the paper towels. I don't know if they will actually be in the way or not since that is the side I put my feet. If the paper towels need to be moved they just slide out of a dovetail.

The kitchen strainer just sets down in the sink....then you can deploy the extension.

Bravo, more details
biggrin.gif
Is that a standard pouch attached with Velcro or all custom?

Yes, it's just standard stuff (with some modification) with velcro attachments sewn in. I'll do some posts that explain how.

Part I: The top is a two-pocket see through arangement. It is a Case Logic "Stud Wall Organizer".

Part 2: Under that is a modified Case Logic "8 Pocket Organizer" (which I cut in half).

Part 3: A pair of Camco Pop-a-Towel racks pop riveted to some webbing with velcro attachment at the top.

Part 4: Camco dish strainer.

All standard stuff you can buy. I will detail the parts in separate posts.

Part I: The top is a two-pocket see through arangement. It is a Case Logic "Stud Wall Organizer".

I purchased the Case Logic stuff from Amazon.com (see pic 1).

The Case Logic stuff is the right color (grey) to blend in with the siding and Artic Pack and built like a tank. It will probably out live the camper!

The Stud Wall Organizer just happens to be the EXACT measurement between the top and bottom velcro strips on my Hawk....YMMV. I sewed a velcro flap on top using both sides of velcro so it would be sandwiched between the siding and the Artic Pack material. If you don't have the Artic Pack then you only need to use one side of the velcro (the "vel" or the "cro").

Part 2: Under that is a modified Case Logic "8 Pocket Organizer" (which I cut in half).

I just cut this in half and utilized the top half (see pic 2). I sewed a seam of grey material on the bottom to obtain a nice finished look. I then attached a velcro flap between the top and bottom portion. Pic 3 shows the 3 parts before attaching them together. Pic 4 shows the top and bottom attached with velcro strips in place. Those strips are the perfect distance for the velcro in my Hawk.

Attachments

• Case Logic items.JPG
    Case Logic items.JPG
    158.7 KB · Views: 410
  • 8 pocket cut in half.JPG
    8 pocket cut in half.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 462
  • both parts with velcro flap.JPG
    both parts with velcro flap.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 371
Here's pic 4.

The pockets on the bottom are just high enough off the counter top to prevent them from getting wet if the counter top gets wet.

Attachments

• top and bottom with velcro strips.JPG
    top and bottom with velcro strips.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 228
Part 3: A pair of Camco Pop-a-Towel racks pop riveted to some webbing with velcro attachment at the top.

This is two Camco Pop-a-Towel racks with some webbing, a couple of Fastex buckles and a few pop rivits. Real simple. The Fastex buckles were used so the bottom portion of the towel rack can be quickly disconnected if you only want to run one roll of towels. They also allow the bottom towel rack to be infinitely adjustable for height.

When lowering the roof I just slide the towel racks out of the sliders and leave the webbing attached to the camper.

Attachments

• pop a towel.JPG
    pop a towel.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 311
  • front.JPG
    front.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 337
  • back.JPG
    back.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 289
  • both towel racks.JPG
    both towel racks.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 266

Thanks for the pics

Frank

Frank,

Here's are a couple of pics with the slider all the way out. It only impacts the kitchen organizer slightly. Nothing to worry about.

Attachments

• slider all the way out.JPG
    slider all the way out.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 431
  • slider all the way out2.JPG
    slider all the way out2.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 454
Part 4: Camco dish strainer.

This strainer is great. It fits right in the sink when not needed. You can also store some small items inside as the bottom snaps on the top as a lid when storing.

Attachments

• camco strainer.jpg
    camco strainer.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 263
I think everyone would agree that after you have one of these campers for a while you start to see how everyday items can be modified for the camper. When I first got the camper I always thought it would be too small and there was no way I would fit everything. Now, just walking through a store I can see products that could be modified for use in the camper and I am always amazed at the amount of functionality I have put into my FWC. I think it is cool when others do the same as it gives me good ideas as well. Often, this leads to other ideas that just add more function and creature comforts to the already versatile home away from home.

That said, for the towel racks, I have just gone to using some rope.....string it through the roll of towels and stick it up. Easy to take outside, easy to leave in the camper and I can hang it from anywhere. Moving it for sleep is easy as well.

Keep up the good work.

Dave in Seattle

Frank,

Here's are a couple of pics with the slider all the way out. It only impacts the kitchen organizer slightly. Nothing to worry about.

Thanks for the pictures looks great. As small as our campers are things can be adapted to fit needs.I have a ATC bobcat so my bed is 48"x62" enough sleeping room so I don't need the extra pull out so the extra cushions stay home.

Frank

Thanks for the pictures looks great. As small as our campers are things can be adapted to fit needs.I have a ATC bobcat so my bed is 48"x62" enough sleeping room so I don't need the extra pull out so the extra cushions stay home.

Frank

I have the extended bed too....even with my girlfriend along, I haven't needed to pull out the bed either...so I leave the extra cushions at home.

leadsled9 said:

where did u find a hanging bag like that. i need for my grandy as well as my locker at work

Back
Top Bottom