04 Grandby Dinette (table) back rest

Star152

Table for 3 after enjoying the post of the mini dinette for two by DLN http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1302
I wanted to make the same mod. The only draw back we are a family of 4 so I needed to keep the double size bed. My Grandby is a 04 so the fold over back rest was not a feature. My back rest was held in place by 2 rather cumbersome rubber tie downs. I removed the hardware from the back rest and I can store the back rest flat under the seat cushions. If I want to use the back rest I just place it back and secure it with 1 inch nylon strap and a quick connect clip. When I want to make the bed I just place the three support bars and slide the back rest out.

Now you’re wondering where the table comes in. with the back rest out of the way the view and the light through the window is wonderful and I wondered how I could place the table.
I first removed the pole base from the floor plate.
I cut down the table pole to my desired height. I joined the table pole using a PVC pipe coupler. The size is 2 inch. To fill the space between the coupler and table pole I used duct tape. I wanted it snug so I used enough tape so that I had to hammer in the pole. Then I screwed in the coupler and pole.
I reposition the pole base on the table to lower left corner and screwed it down.
After choosing the best location for the table I secured the floor base. I then designed an additional support to be used when the table is moved from one of two positions. The table leg folds up when not used. Now a table that was useless is now multi functional. I think the best thing about this camper is the modifications that can be done to it. It is so ZEN.

Attachments

• IMG_0001_1.jpg
    IMG_0001_1.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_0001_3.jpg
    IMG_0001_3.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 370
Back
Top Bottom