07 Hawk on a 2015 Truck

Chukar Hunter

I have an 07 hawk that was on my 05 GMC 2500hd but now looking at replacing the truck with a 2015 Chevy 2500hd. I called the factory and they said all I need to do is raise it up about an inch to fit the newer bed style.
Has anybody on here done this or even better have pictures of what you may have done and how well it has worked?
Thanks in advance for the help
Rich

You could install 2 x 4's across the bottom. Paint them first. That would make the 2 x 4's part of the camper. You will gain 1-1/2". Our 2014 has 1x's across the bottom. Use a brass or stainless steel 2" wood screw so you get 1/2" into the 3/4" plywood floor.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app

I am thinking about a new chevy and will need to put a notch in my 2013 Hawk to make it fit without putting blocks under the camper. Here is a thread on what someone else has done.

Here is a picture of what the factory does now for the Chevy notch.
med_gallery_1903_342_1806846.jpg

My dumb questions...in the photos are those staples holding plywood joints? And that is paint on the wood and not the newer 'Skid Guard' coating that FWC has been touting? Thanks, Phil

The new skid guard was started late 2014 and anything from November +/- has it. The wood base joints are glued and stapled on all models.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app

I have an 09 2500 with an 04 Hawk. One inch strips of wood set down on the bed strips with caulking did the trick for me.

My former Hawk was a 2006 and it had factory strips on the bottom. To fit the truck I had then I added 1" thick strips of plywood to the existing strips.

Back
Top Bottom