1972 CO New Owner - Your assistance please.

Go for Broke

Just put money down on a 1972 CO, side dinette. I'm Colorado, it is in Maryland. Won't pick up until May, so as far my ability to look it over...minimal. Therefore, your assistance please.

Is this "broke" or just two parts separated? (See attached). Right rear.

Thanks in advance,

Attachments

• IMG_1909.JPG
    IMG_1909.JPG
    208.5 KB · Views: 127
Looks separated. The brass liner piece should be attached to the ram with a screw. However there also appears to be substantial decay in the wood. In order for the rams to operate properly, they must move straight up and down, with no deflection. That could be an issue here.

Dr.Science said:
Looks separated. The brass liner piece should be attached to the ram with a screw. However there also appears to be substantial decay in the wood. In order for the rams to operate properly, they must move straight up and down, with no deflection. That could be an issue here.
Actually it looks to me like a paper wasp nest used to be there!

Don't know abut a cross screw. Here is the only other picture I have of a ram, left rear. I don't see a cross screw. Manufacturers change or DIY?

We'll I'm hoping it's just separated.

I thought maybe mud daubers? Same-same you bet.

All will have to wait until we are united.

Attachments

• IMG_1917.JPG
    IMG_1917.JPG
    220.2 KB · Views: 60
Go for Broke said:
Don't know abut a cross screw. Here is the only other picture I have of a ram, left rear. I don't see a cross screw. Manufacturers change or DIY?

We'll I'm hoping it's just separated.

I thought maybe mud daubers? Same-same you bet.

All will have to wait until we are united.
It looks like just separated. I have a 75 CO and have no cross screw on mine. It should just fit back in.

UPDATE

The deal fell through when the floor fell out, literally.

I was standing inside when the owners son started jacking it off the saw horse and BANG.

As much as I wanted it, thousands of miles from home and no friends in the room, I walked away.

Good news is that I got my deposit back and just bought a 78 NCO. Look for post on that one.

Thanks to all.

Back
Top Bottom