1st gen Tundra tires?

Squatch

The P Metric tires on my '06 double cab have got to go. I'm a long term fan of the BFG AT so will probably stay with them in an E rated tire.

Stock size is 265/65/r17 which looks like a roller skate tire on this truck. So I'm think of a mild increase. I don't want to lift or buy wheels at this time. I'm thinking a 265/70r17 is probably my best best. Is anyone here running these? How about 275/70/r17? I think the 275/70 might rub the upper control arm without different wheels.

Feel free to check in and tell me your experiences.

I run 265/75/16E Michelins, they have been great tires. Wet traction is the best of any tire I ever ran.

I am running Michelin AT2 17's E rated on our 05 Tundra with no issues. Not sure how the BFG tires might fit, I have thought about going to them for the extra sidewall, but the Michelins have 42K on them with no problems so far.

Thanks SD. Do have a lift of any sort? Those look like aftermarket wheels. What is the backspacing?

I gather my stock wheels have a deep backspacing of around 6". I've read the 275/70/r17 fit fine with a different wheel with a backspacing of 4.5". I'm trying to avoid buying wheels.

Back
Top Bottom