2004 grandby false floor ?

SloanKeterine

Advanced Member
Hello WTW, I was lucky enough to find a 2004 grandby. This is my 3rd FWC, I previously had a vintage hawk and vintage ranger 2 and the floor systems in the other campers were built the same .It seems to have a false floor. A rectangular aluminum sub floor is attached underneath the floor pack with another piece of plywood under the frame . Is there insulation in here? I haven’t seen this before .thanks for the help .The unpainted piece of floor is just a sheet the camper is sitting on . Cheers!

Attachments

• CC4906AB-18B6-4F4A-9BFC-D85FFBB87BC4.jpeg
    CC4906AB-18B6-4F4A-9BFC-D85FFBB87BC4.jpeg
    98.9 KB · Views: 91
Could that be a spacer so the camper fits on a newer truck with a deeper bed?

Like if I wanted to use my Bobcat on a newer model truck truck with a 21" deep bed
a spacer of a few inches would be needed so the camper would clear the bed rails.

Frank

I thought the same . The camper skin in the back of the camper Is finished in a manner that it came from the factory . There’s several inches under the frame of the door ?

Yes, we used to do false floors back then. (but only when necessary)

My guess is that the camper was originally built for a 2004 Ford F-150, that had the 2" deeper truck bed.

Some years FWC did put some foam insulation in that false floor, and other years not, for some reason.

That can all be removed, but it takes some time and effort to tear if all off.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom