2006 Hawk/Kestrel for sale in San Diego: SOLD

PacificExposure

Advanced Member
SOLD SOLD SOLD

Hi WTW! After much hand wringing and deliberation, my wife and I have decided to sell our beloved 2006 Four Wheel Camper Kestrel that is in fantastic shape. We have a one year old, and number two in the plans :eek: and with a 100 lb dog as well, we just need more space. Camper is in Oceanside, CA, 40 minutes north of San Diego. Asking $13,500. Will post on Craigslist for $14,000 after one week on WTW and Expo Portal. The forums have always been a great resource for me and would rather deal with a forum member than CL idiots... I have more into it than my asking price, so am fairly firm.

The Kestrel is exactly the same length and width as a Hawk, but has lower bed clearance so it can work on first generation Toyota Tundras. I built a custom 3" riser drawer platform that made it fit perfectly in my 5'8" short bed 2016 quad cab F150 (with tailgate down). This setup will fit any full size truck with short or long bed; Tundra, Ram 1500, Titan, Silverado, Sierra, etc. Will NOT fit Tacoma, Ranger, S10, etc.

I purchased it from the original owner, a retired gentleman approximately 3 years ago (and drove 12 hours to pick it up!). When I bought it, it was basically factory brand new and had only been slept in a handful of times and was garage kept when not in use. Since the purchase, it's probably been used a total of 20 nights, mostly baja and Southern California desert camping. We never cook inside the camper (except for boiling water for coffee) and use a coleman stove (fits perfectly in the drawer system, along with cast iron pans) outside so there are no smells or evidence of cooking at all. Roof and vinyl are in perfect shape. No leaks, tears, cracks, damage, decay, mold, etc.

I have slowly upgraded many of the components to make it reliably easy to use and comfortable. It's my second FWC and the intention was to never sell this one!

Here are the details:
  • 2006 Kestrel model
  • Dry weight 695 lbs plus 80 lbs for the platform
  • Blue fabric roll over couch. Currently the couch cushion is not installed for added space inside, but is included
  • Queen pull out bed
  • Queen air mattress with memory foam topper. SO comfortable. I have the stock mattress, but it's thin and uncomfortable.
  • Rare under bed storage!
  • Inside pedestal table
  • Custom laminate hardwood floor
  • 3 way fridge/freezer. Works perfectly on all three modes.
  • 20 Gallon fresh water tank
  • Electric pump
  • 5 Gallon propane tank with gauge
  • Water heater and 8 gallon hot tank
  • Upgraded sink faucet to marine-grade retractable sprayer
  • Outside shower
  • Furnace
  • Digital thermostat (great upgrade!)
  • Fantastic Fan
  • Aluminum roof rack
  • 4x exterior 40 lb helper struts for roof
  • Back wall steps
  • Manual corner jacks
  • Exterior bottle opener!!
  • Fiamma retractable awning
  • All interior lighting converted to LED
  • Rear amber LED flood light
  • 4x Turnbuckles
Pics below are what I currently have on my phone. Will update post this PM with detailed interior and exterior pics. Thanks for reading!

kuuYmtD.jpg

PAV3Gc7.jpg

QsCVjsW.jpg

rVj6QYz.jpg

6h55dRS.jpg

xzggkk1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom