2006 Tundra Access Cab

SeatoSea

Advanced Member
I'm looking to remove rear seats from my access cab. Anyone with experience taking out the seats? Looking for more storage.

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

I took mine out of my 2005 Tundra AC. You do get a lot more room. The lap belts were unbolted and the shoulder belts were left in place. Seat removal was very easy. My seat has been wrapped in plastic for the last 4 years.

Edit I took out the seats and the backs.

I did this last summer. Simple and straight forward. All the bolts were easily accessible to remove. I did not remove the backs, but only the seats. Opens the back up for a lot of additional storage.

I did it too. It was pretty easy to do, as I recall.
I built a lightweight dog platform on one side for our 40# cattle dog, which has storage below for boots and packs.
The other half is wide open for storage of a large pelican case, duffels, and can fit quite a bit of gear.

SeatoSea said:
I'm looking to remove rear seats from my access cab. Anyone with experience taking out the seats? Looking for more storage.

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West
It's a real easy job.I did this to the first truck carrying our Bobcat,Ford Ranger Super cab.
Than when we got the 02 Tundra AC we did the same. Gives lots of usable space.
We use two plastic "file drawers" one on each side for storing our clothes.Than have a nice big space in the middle for anything else.
Just save all parts and store everything away.
Frank

any pictures of how people have organized the back after removing seats? Shelfs, storage??

DonC said:
any pictures of how people have organized the back after removing seats? Shelfs, storage??
I did not build any shelfs. When we travel I have two large plastic tubs with lids, one on top of the other goes to the ceiling, passenger side. One is the wife's extra clothes and one is mine. I the middle I have a plastic milk crate for misc stuff. On the drivers side is a rubber made carton with hinged lid. This has ropes, water hose, elec cord, chains, tarp and tools. On top I have two folding chairs. I did make a 1/2 plywood sheet to put in front of the crates just behind the front seat. I store my 120w solar in a bag between the seat and plywood to protect it. In front of the two large tubs I store my leveling blocks. Most of the long trips there is a laptop bag on top of the blocks.

This set up has been used for two trips of over 8,000 miles each.

Tub with lid
Plastic-Storage-Containers-with-Lids-Style.jpg

Rubber made with hinged lid.
HD_317_M.jpg

Back
Top Bottom