2010 FWC eagle Camper to 2022 Toyota Tacoma Access cab

billminer

Just bought 2022 Toyota Tacoma access cab. Problem is the bolt patterns on the back especially do not work for my 2010 eagle camper. I think I could use one of those FWC bars that you bolt on for the front of the truck, but rear does not work out at all on back of truck. Anybody heard of putting eye bolt down from the propane box on angle to the heavy duty trailer hitch. Floor on the other side like picture with the tap measures in the picture. Frame looks pretty solid to attach to trailer hitch. Has anybody done anything like this. Don’t what to put any more holes in box if possible. It would be easier to attach to as outside of camper. Will also have to raise floor up 3 inches approximately. Thanks Bill

9EE61883-65E4-4AFC-A4DB-B373E5DCC1EF.jpeg

I have done stuff like that. The trailer hitch is very strong if the tiedowns don't get in your way. Just because of the hassle of removing them and reinstalling, you might want to drill the holes in the bed or have flush mount eye rings installed.

Hi Bill, welcome to WTW!

Congrats on the new truck! If it were me, I’d look at Torklift frame mount tie downs for the rear. Linking them to your rear Jack mounts.

Back
Top Bottom