2016 Toyota Tacoma....

Kodachrome

Anyone looking at one of these for a pop-up camper? I checked the bed dimensions and it looks as though the width and length are the same but the depth is 19" vs 18" on the 2nd generation version ( 2005-2015 ).

So in theory I could put my ATC Bobcat in the new truck if I used a 1/2" sheet of ply as a spacer. Personally, I have way too much into my truck to switch over but it is good to know just in case.

Bed is almost exactly the same.

Just deeper.

:)

Attachments

• IMG_0420.jpg
    IMG_0420.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 181
Yep, I was just curious if anyone was running the setup yet.

Personally I am keeping my kit the same, just doing major engine / ecu & exhaust upgrades to get more power safely from it. The 2016 truck is 278HP while mine is currently sitting at 333HP and will be around 360HP once all the mods are done.

I've done some investigations into the 2016 Tacoma's engine, chassis, and brakes, here, here, and here. I don't think the new Tacoma exactly qualifies as revolutionary. And as you'll read I've been a Toyota man for a long time.

JHanson said:
I've done some investigations into the 2016 Tacoma's engine, chassis, and brakes, here, here, and here. I don't think the new Tacoma exactly qualifies as revolutionary. And as you'll read I've been a Toyota man for a long time.
Agreed, just a minor evolution, not a huge improvement on gas mileage either. I will meet or exceed the 2016 in that regard with a proper tune ( URD UCON-EMS ). In a way, I was hoping to not be tempted by it since I have so much in my current truck and can work on it with ease.

Back
Top Bottom