2017 Hawk - broken plumbing elbow - repair or upgrade?

Karlton

Hi all - I went to put water on board my 2017 Hawk and found a crack in the plumbing elbow under the water pump.

I have the old style Pex plumbing and was thinking about upgrading the system to the braided flex connectors. I don't have a lot of experience with plumbing, but was thinking of giving it a try. That or taking it to my local RV repair shop.

I found the tread below and was wondering if there were any others out there that I missed.

https://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/topic/21579-2019-hawk-plumbing-parts/

If you can find a new elbow like the one that broke, that would be simplest... just rip and replace. Pex is good stuff. IF that elbow broke because of excess tension on it, then redoing the pex around it might ease the tension, as would replacing the pex with flex pipe.

I've been using flex pipe in both of my builds, and it seems to be holding up well, even with the pump pressure cranked up to compensate for flow loss due to my 3m water filter.

Thanks, Vic. Appreciate the reply. I think I'll start by replacing the elbow. I suspect it was the winterizing and I left some water sitting in that elbow.

I haven't been on the forum much as the Hawk has been doing well. Glad to see you and others are still active.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom