2018 Ram 2500/3500 tie-down bolt location

River_Rat

Advanced Member
I searched the forums today and found nothing helpful for my question. Is anyone able to show me the approximate location of their factory mounting location on the eye bolts for Gen4 Ram trucks?

I bought a 2018 Ram 3500 and am in the process of drilling and mounting the eye bolts & backing plates to the bed. I just need confirmation on general location.

My Hawk is the FWC Toyota Tundra build, which includes the higher (additional 2.5") floor pack, so you can expect a build thread (or destruction thread!) on how to modify the Hawk chassis to bring the height back down to standard bed height. It's a fairly significant modification which I've not seen documented yet, so I'm excited to photograph & post-up my progress. Camper is a 2018 FWC Hawk.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer in my mounting bolts.

Front distance and distance out from side.

Attachments

• IMG_3391.jpg
    IMG_3391.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_3387.jpg
    IMG_3387.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 150
Rear distance and a shot of the DS front backing plate. Also you can see the wiring. Green lead was added and goes (assuming) back to the the towing harness. Probably a closer place though on the frame rail.

Attachments

• IMG_3385.jpg
    IMG_3385.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_3394.jpg
    IMG_3394.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 154
This was what FWC HQ did on the PO's Power Wagon.

Think I'm going to stick with the factory tiedowns with jam nutted double jawed (bow shackle style) turnbuckles. I bought 1/2" hook-eyes to put through the bed, but think it is overkill. If you rip or bend those OEM points, you probably have bigger problems. :LOL: Not sure what FCA rates those for WLL.

Oh and here is the trolling motor connector too. I did order this and plan on installing soon.

Attachments

• IMG_3393.jpg
    IMG_3393.jpg
    316.6 KB · Views: 94
Oilbrnr said:
This was what FWC HQ did on the PO's Power Wagon.

Think I'm going to stick with the factory tiedowns with jam nutted double jawed (bow shackle style) turnbuckles. I bought 1/2" hook-eyes to put through the bed, but think it is overkill. If you rip or bend those OEM points, you probably have bigger problems. :LOL: Not sure what FCA rates those for WLL.

Oh and here is the trolling motor connector too. I did order this and plan on installing soon.
the factory tie downs are not strong enough. use Stan’s video for a guide

That's excellent, thank you so much for posting up. Im going to get them installed today hopefully.

I appreciate the help; such a great community of folks.

All goes well I'll start my Hawk "un-tundra" project next weekend. Got only a few more working years and then my weekends will be all week long!

You should be contacting FWC in Woodland for this information.
River_Rat said:
I searched the forums today and found nothing helpful for my question. Is anyone able to show me the approximate location of their factory mounting location on the eye bolts for Gen4 Ram trucks?

I bought a 2018 Ram 3500 and am in the process of drilling and mounting the eye bolts & backing plates to the bed. I just need confirmation on general location.

My Hawk is the FWC Toyota Tundra build, which includes the higher (additional 2.5") floor pack, so you can expect a build thread (or destruction thread!) on how to modify the Hawk chassis to bring the height back down to standard bed height. It's a fairly significant modification which I've not seen documented yet, so I'm excited to photograph & post-up my progress. Camper is a 2018 FWC Hawk.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer in my mounting bolts.

Back
Top Bottom