2021 Fleet Interior Scratch Repair

clearsky00

Hi all,

Loving the new Fleet on my Tacoma.
I recently had to store and transport an eBike in a hurry while not preparing the very delicate interior of the camper for the bike and all its pointy metal.

It ended up scratching the wood(?) paneling in about 4 places. Some are minor, others are fairly deep.

Does anyone have a tried and true method for repairing surface scratches on new FWC interior? I spoke to FWC’s Brenda and she mentioned replacing the whole panel and/or door.

Thanks everyone for your time and attention.
Best,
S

What's the color of your interior? If the panels are gouged, then you will have to replace. Provide some pics of the damage.

Thanks for the response fish more!

Attached are some pics!

Attachments

• IMG_5711-min.JPG
    IMG_5711-min.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_5713-min.JPG
    IMG_5713-min.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_5714-min.JPG
    IMG_5714-min.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_5712-min.JPG
    IMG_5712-min.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 89
The first 3 photos look like some wood filler,light sand and Varathane ,water base,
should do the trick.Don't know what to say about the counter top damage.Aside
from replacement,which would be many$$$ you might have to live with it.
Just don't point it out to anyone.
Frank

I once bought a brand new Wenonah Canoe and the first scratches I put in seemed severe to me. I showed them to the dealer and his response was "Some people polish them and some people paddle them". I was in the latter group.

You will continue to get incidental damage as you own your camper and use it. Our 2016 Grandby has several nicks and scratches that I wish weren't there but the cost of replacing the doors would probably not be worth it. Call FWC and get a price and see it it's worth it to you. My old VW Vanagon has high impact plastic on the lower cabinets and jumpseat, but all wood cabinets will nick up with use.

The place where I'm unhappy with my FWC is the black trim on the edges of the wood has chipped off in several places. I think it's an iron-on edging they use.

Back
Top Bottom