395 where to watch the game?

craig333

Riley's Human
Due to a major work slowdown and some schedule rearranging I have 11 maybe more days off. Plan is to take off Sunday and camp somewhere around green creek, maybe try and find Ted's Dunderberg spot. Assuming the timing works out I'd like to catch the niners game somewhere. Any suggestions?

After that it'll be on to the Alabama Hills for a couple days then over to Saline Valley, bout time I checked it out. Thats as far as I've planned so far. Maybe spend more time in DV. Mojave and Joshua tree are in mind but considering funds it might be better to see Sequoia NP and Kings Canyon on the way back.

Considering the lack of snow maybe I can shoot over to Devils postpile on the way down also.

craig333 said:
Due to a major work slowdown and some schedule rearranging I have 11 maybe more days off. Plan is to take off Sunday and camp somewhere around green creek, maybe try and find Ted's Dunderberg spot. Assuming the timing works out I'd like to catch the niners game somewhere. Any suggestions?

After that it'll be on to the Alabama Hills for a couple days then over to Saline Valley, bout time I checked it out. Thats as far as I've planned so far. Maybe spend more time in DV. Mojave and Joshua tree are in mind but considering funds it might be better to see Sequoia NP and Kings Canyon on the way back.

Considering the lack of snow maybe I can shoot over to Devils postpile on the way down also.
Craig,I think Devils Post Pile area is closed for the season.Last I checked the area was due to close mid Sept/beginning Oct.
If you get as far as Mojave be sure to check out Red Rocks Canyon,about 20 miles south of the split of 395 and Ca 14.
We were there about 3 weeks ago and it was very quiet.DD has a write up about red rocks canyon sp .When you get into the site search the campground.
Have a nice trip.
Frank

Craig just checked,road to the Devils Post Pile area is closed for the season.

Rhino's in Bridgeport for the 1 pm game will put you in a spot where you don't have to drive to far for a spot to camp.

I figured Devils postpile closed for snow. Shame they shut it early. Rhino's is probably more likely logistical possibility. I may try and find the other hot spring while I'm in the area also.

Too bad you're not leaving a bit later. A couple of us are going to be in DV/Saline area from the 7th to the 15th of Dec.

Hey Craig,

I just got back from the lake here playing for the last week and I can't help you with the game this Sunday, so how long are you out and about for? I'm planning to headout later next week, I got my sat dish, direct tv hook up so I don't miss the Niners and Bill Mahr but haven't figured weather to go south, north or head to the coast, have not played down by the Whites, or Mono Lake for years and just checked the fs/blm to see whats open down there and don't know what's open, and it's all new to me. Anyway, .give me a reason to head south, all the weather reports are for snow to the north, and have some time to kill before I go somewhere for TDay. It's so mild here, it's almost like Indian Summer, need to go some where. Get a hold me off-line if you need too1

Smoke

Who knows about december, we're supposed to be very slow until January. Gotta go when I know for sure I can. I have all next week off, not sure about the week after. Still trying to decide whether or not to drag the Jeep along.

Well I screwed up. I thought the KC Denver game was early not the 5 pm game. That'd mean trying to find camp in the dark. Green Creek is about the only spot I'd be comfortable doing that. Well at least I don't care about the early games so as soon as I log off I'll load up the stealables and hit the road.

I decided not to drag the Jeep along, mostly after reading reports of the condition of South Pass. Not that it doesn't follow along just fine as I've accidentally towed it along 4wd routes a couple times now but its risky. Would be okay if I wasn't solo and had someone to steer it if necessary, spot me if necessary. I don't expect to try Lippincott but if I do I'd rather not have the Jeep behind me.

Craig

I think ESPN Radio will have that game! Last Sunday I sort of enjoyed staring at the radio all day while I was up at the lake-did not like the 49 outcome, but still there is something about sitting in my strong back chair, beer in hand as I scream at the game/radio---all while in the boonies- coyotes and fishermen beware! Enjoy your run, I still have not made up my mind on my direction yet-

Smoke

Watched the niners lose at rhinos. Found teds spot. Ribs on the barbie. No football on the radio .

Back
Top Bottom