55 dollar Thermal Pack with Pics

Holmes

Advanced Member
Once again, saving a massive buck or two finding and or making 4wc options on my own.

Apparently the standard Kimberly-clark block it evo fabric is not being made anymore? At least that's what Seattle Fabrics said when I bought their last 4 yards of block it....which left me with about 3" of fabric left . A bit close.
Anyway ended up making 10 separate panels, came out great. It helped having access to about 30 different industrial sewing machines at work too. Ended up using a pretty heavy duty juki walking footer with type E thread. Worked like a charm. Went through a heck of alot of velcro though.

Almost ready for that big ol desert trip, Nick

Attachments

• 20211205_120247.jpg
    20211205_120247.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 432
  • 20211205_115952.jpg
    20211205_115952.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 454
  • 20211205_120104.jpg
    20211205_120104.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 418
  • 20211205_120645.jpg
    20211205_120645.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 420
  • 20211205_120710.jpg
    20211205_120710.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 381
How did you attach the other side of the velcro to the camper top material? Adhesive backed velcro? My FWC wall material only has velcro along the side walls. The arctic pack material wraps around behind the end boards but sags badly due to nothing holding it in place.

Very nice job. We did the same with Seattle Fabrics using a Singer 221. I never did get those eyelets for the D rings to look very good.
Your work looks professional.

We've used our home-made arctic pack down to 15F several times using a Wave 3 set on low.
All those layers and air films add up to an effective R value.

Jon R said:
How did you attach the other side of the velcro to the camper top material? Adhesive backed velcro? My FWC wall material only has velcro along the side walls. The arctic pack material wraps around behind the end boards but sags badly due to nothing holding it in place.
Hey Jon, I did use velcro with adhesive backing for the bottom strip. Attached directly to the pop-up material. It attached well and we'll see about the longevity of it. The upper piece of the pop-up has a sewn piece of fabric with velcro on it from the factory. I'm still confused why they didn't have the same piece for the bottom as well.

Lighthawk said:
Very nice job. We did the same with Seattle Fabrics using a Singer 221. I never did get those eyelets for the D rings to look very good.
Your work looks professional.

We've used our home-made arctic pack down to 15F several times using a Wave 3 set on low.
All those layers and air films add up to an effective R value.
Hey, thanks Andy. Definitely curious about the added R-value. Most of my camping is done in southern AZ and the surrounding area, so I would assume it shouldn't be much of a challenge to a get a bit more warmth from the thermal pack. They sure do charge alot for those things from the factory. Depending how it does, I might even add another layer to each panel. We'll see.
Nick

I’ve read that at least a couple of people have added Velcro to the ends. Not sure if it was here or Facebook. I have the Velcro to do it, but haven’t gotten around to it. Use industrial self adhesive Velcro and clean the surface with alcohol first.

Dean

Been a month, in some cold damn weather in AZ, unfortunately.
Adhesive backed Velcro working great on the pop-up material.

Back
Top Bottom