A little advice please

Black914

Advanced Member
I've been working on the interior of my recently purchased 1985 Keystone. Installed a new peal and stick floor, wallpaper and a few new panels with birch plywood to replace the chipped up press board. Pix to come. Now for a push panel. At my age raising the front section is getting pretty difficult so I purchased a speaker stand to raise the roof. So far I have just used a 40" piece of plywood that is not yet attached to the ceiling. I have a nice 5"x72"x3/4" pine board to use on the ceiling. Thinking I would cut it down to 60" so that it would not interfere with the vinyl when the roof is down. That's the background now for the questions.
Does the board really need to be 5' long or would 40" pushing on the 3 middle roof ribs be enough. I'm somewhat concerned about drilling into all of the ribs and possibly weakening them. The owner of a local camper repair shop said that he would use #6 screws, but I have only found 1 1/4" screws which seems a little short. Lowes has 1 1/2"#8 screws which would put 3/4" into the rib.

Any advice from someone who has actually done this would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom