A little visit to the Midwest

Barko1

Well originally I was going to Labrador but family issues changed that :( , then I decided to settle for a trip around Lake Superior, but more changes altered that plan, plus my buying, selling, and trading motorcycles complicated my travels so I ended up with a trip from S.NM to SE WI and back through Minnesota then Southwest. But it was still a chance to get on the road, see some different sites, and visit friends and family.

Since I was dropping off one motorcycle, trading another, and buying two off Ebay I needed a trailer. The enclosed 6x10 does drag on fuel mileage a bit but the 7.3 diesel doesn't really notice it is back there. Parking takes a bit more room. Here stocking up on some ice.
P1000938-S.jpg

Say good bye to mountains, this is the E. side of the OrganMtns and the White Sands Missile Range HQ
P1000949-S.jpg

Day one is just get out through E NM, the TX Panhandle, the OK Panhandle, and to the border with Kansas, seeing a lot more of these
P1000971-S.jpg

P1000992-S.jpg

Stopped at Meade Lake, Kansas where the place was pretty much empty
P1010006-S.jpg

And awoke to this, it was amazing for about 2 minutes.
P1010017-S.jpg

Then more Kansas sites
P1010036-S.jpg

Including the privately run Kansas Motorcycle Museum, pretty cool place in the little town or Marquette
P1010069-M.jpg

And a place to stop for the night, wow, trees!
P1010174-S.jpg

Then time to unload a little 1952 Harley I had picked up, met the buyer along I70
P1010179-S.jpg

Then find another place to camp, this time in Iowa. There were plenty of campers in bigger trailers, etc but there all wanted electric sites so the private spots right on the lake were there for the taking
P1010249-M.jpg

Obviously the camping in the Midwest is quite different from my usual Western boondocking. More later.

Back
Top Bottom