A question on a Hawk on a 3rd Gen Ram

EDR

I read Atl-Atl's topic and it got me wondering about my truck and Hawk.

I have a 2006 Ram with bed side rails that are 20-1/2" tall and my 2007 Hawk sits about 4"-5" above the bedrails and cab.

I tried searching for members with similar set ups and went through 30 + pages of random FWC photos and couldn't find a similar combination.

Do the 3rd Gen Dodges just have shorter bed heights or is my Hawk different?!

Just guessing, but looks like you have a Hawk with the sub floor lift to fit any camper but required to fit a Ford F-150/250/350 and Toyota Tundra which have either 22 inch bed rails or the higher cab (250/350). The sub floor lift is evident if you have 3 inchs +/- of aluminum siding under the camper rear door. If you sell, anyone can buy but meanwhile you have a "high" look.

I have a 2005 Ram 2500 with a late 2013 Hawk on it. There is a bit of space between the top bed rails and the camper, but there's not much anyone can do about it.

Here's what mine looks like.

8PR01TwAS_Qvh98IdsMgXlWokSwUj28G_f2pbjWmZNvK37ZVqOtRBWuO7U6g2Kf1JwgcECIZtOvlRB1uUcQgXA7YSH2oQbuqiPXxHjsSRVjMsvPz4RkxL9rqAPSzF3trzcYSmP7_lpCjRq_RnF8qqr7qrSP-kMdgYkwqZJ4N_JDjekcwCHvYtJEQc78bsQuyBo28BeHO1bcdXZB64bRCe7zM4RMs2rIHrdfuyeF4qTuhkocmvC9CTpKr7B87BezEjSdtHwn7HM7B_KuOcoz3Tt_7Nv54L7t7BAb2uB70KhN36wSeIFiyxcfT7MnGIKB3BMehOFgOXAgcCsfKnbrtY3vH-R9HwQh49FGBzRGtMMI2aF9jEEt55KiEqRM63FDfwH2jXWdHHNdubgP7utyJykRM40JtdSpqxMomOqtMYJpDlWPjcEaS6GlpQ8J2e54mcMoaAsAoSevDlKzuUEsMy3anZaZNoAWO1JwuzSzjigVXgX56XpfPTZbxiuk4ZVWyxictiBIx8BcCbLEv8vefgyA-QlUBGCshkro3zFvNo-4=w1433-h955-no

I've never been able to figure why mine isn't level. Even when I had it off I couldn't figure it out. Next time I take it off I'll have to do some serious measuring. Not that it really matters.

Iowahiker,
I think you are correct. I have about three inches of siding below the door.

Bwht4x4,
And your picture confirms that I have a higher sitting camper.

Craig333,
If you mean that it looks like it sits higher in the front, mine is the same way. I know it's level on the bed, but it does appear to angle up a bit. Might be a good question for someone from the factory.

Now I'll have to think about what I can mount in that extra space.

Here's a picture of my Hawk. I've had it a few months and have used it several times but never took a picture, until today. No nice scenery shots. I guess I'll have to work on that in the future.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    103.6 KB · Views: 204
The bed rails or sides are shorter at the front of the bed. I can't remember the exact mesurement but its about 3/4 on an inch lower. I believe its to make the bed look level on the sales lot. I thought something was wrong when I first noticed it.

It's the same on the newest generation Ram's too. Not as noticeable with a darker camper like my SS but it's still there. The reasoning is the sides of the bed taper and are higher in the back than in the front. That's why it's level on top.

Back
Top Bottom