A taste of farm life.

They use the goats to clear black berries bushes and such out of development sites around here sometimes.

They tried that in my neighborhood once. The coyotes ate them. Hearing goats being slaughtered by wild animals in the middle of the night, it's not a pretty sound. Now they've gone back to weed clearing crews. So whens the BBQ?

Mike

Found out there were 2300 head of goats and sheep back there! :eek: Well 2299 when all was said and done, one didn't make it. Not my doing, though. Really.

Mike, we do get coyotes here, though not as many as the city limits expand. Among the goats and sheep were three dogs and a shepard to watch out for threats. Mostly the dogs just laid around but I got to see one of the dogs in action and, WOW, when it comes time for business, you do not want to be in it's way.

Wow Ted that is a goat extravaganza! I like your video presentation. You should do some vids on your upcoming Natpark trip.

I like your video presentation. You should do some vids on your upcoming Natpark trip.

LOL. I can see that now. Magellan Grylls, Bear Grylls' long lost brother in his new series, Man Vs Compass. Get my agent! Call the Discovery Channel! :LOL:

Wow, that is a lot of goats!

It seems like I remember Bend, Or using goats to chew the grass down on Pilot Butte before their 4th of July fireworks show, but I don't remember there being anywhere near that amount!

Back
Top Bottom