A Tecopa kinda weekend

CougarCouple

Tecopa CA trip this past weekend, Syma wanted to visit some hot springs. Well seeing as how we're only about 100 miles from these springs, and with a little time we were able to make use of our ATC. Taking a spot on the hill that was for dry camping the views were great. We shared the hill for the weekend with another camper, how often do you get to have a guitar playing in the back ground. This gentleman was a pleasure. The soaking was nice and often no great vista's from the tub, but that will come in time with exploring. Weather was beautiful to windy then rain, back to beautiful. We grilled a tri-tip steak for some tacos Friday night. There is a small bistro there and Syma had some home made split pea, Saturday evening while I enjoyed their humus and pita. We discovered some things we left of our list, which is in it's infancy. I won't forget coffee again. We were both able to unwind and savor doing a whole lot of nothing.
Ed and Sharon own the bistro, recent east coast transplants. If your in the neighborhood stop in , their pizza looked good, but we weren't real hungry last night. They offer eggs from their chickens which made for a good breakfast Saturday, morning.

Our Cougar is awesome, and we couldn't be happier with our choice of pop up. This is only our eighth night in the camper, low teens, steady rain, winds. Handled everything Mother Nature threw at her keeping us warm and dry, in style. Thanks for reading and looking at the iPhone pictures.
Charlie with Syma and Russ

Attachments

• IMG_2063.JPG
    IMG_2063.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_2064.JPG
    IMG_2064.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_2072.JPG
    IMG_2072.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_2074.JPG
    IMG_2074.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 127
A couple more pics.

Attachments

• IMG_2076.JPG
    IMG_2076.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_2070.JPG
    IMG_2070.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_2077.JPG
    IMG_2077.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 98
Good for you two (three) getting out and exploring! You have so much close by.

I should visit Tecopa again. I remember, as a little boy, helping my Dad do the plumbing in a motel a family friend was building there. In his retirement he became a desert rat, but I suspect it was always in his blood. Our friend is long gone, but I wonder what memories will come back for me and what happened to that motel. Leaks everywhere, if I was involved? :)

Thanks for taking us along with your trip report!

Back
Top Bottom