Accessing Electrical Wires '05 Hawk

MattK

Hi, hope someone wiser than me can help...

Roof lights stopped working in our 2005 Hawk. Pretty sure I've isolated the problem, and I don't think it's frayed wires behind the folding wooden panel that allows the camper roof to go up and down:

https://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/topic/8948-tech-tip-service-bulletin-camper-to-roof-wiring/

In my case, the wires behind the wooden panel look okay. As a test, I snipped them and ran wires from that point directly to the fuse box. Lights worked just fine.

So I'm pretty sure I have a faulty/damaged/corroded (?) section of wire somewhere in the inaccessible black hole behind the fuse box. Somewhere between that point and the folding wooden panel. If I could find the damaged wire, I could repair it w/ a butt connector and some electrical tape. But I can't find it. Because I can't access it.

Anyone know how to access that area on an '05 Hawk w/o tearing the thing apart?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_5669.jpg
    IMG_5669.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_5671.jpg
    IMG_5671.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 90
Thanks for the phone call, Stan. Very much appreciated. Unfortunately the short is somewhere between the fuse box and that front folding lift panel. I followed the wires as much as possible w/o disassembling cabinets, stove, etc. but couldn't locate it. Any tips on accessing the area behind the fuse box / underneath the stove would be appreciated. Otherwise, thanks again for your time! - Matt

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom