Advertisements

I’m not seeing any ads, could you post a screen print? As Vic mentioned, type of device, browser and operating system would be helpful.

Imac with Safari and Google. Don’t know why started so suddenly, bur some bug must have sneaked in. Have switched to another Browser and seems OK.

Are you signed in & seeing them? I noticed them a while ago, but wasn't signed in. I wondered if that made a difference, so I signed in & they went away.

I was looking at WTW without being signed in and there were ads on almost every post. Signed in and they went away. These are new to me as well. Definitely a distraction to what I am used to, but I can't fault the site owners for trying to make a living.

I just got a message from a WTW member asking, "What's with all the ads now....not good!?!".
I didn't ask him if he was signed in when he saw them, but I will.

FWIW: I have seen no ads myself.

MarkBC said:
I just got a message from a WTW member asking, "What's with all the ads now....not good!?!".
I didn't ask him if he was signed in when he saw them, but I will.

FWIW: I have seen no ads myself.
UPDATE: I just-now signed out and suddenly saw banner ads, pop-ups, etc. :eek:
I signed in again and ads disappeared.
So, yeah, confirmed.

I'm using Chrome on Windows. I don't have any ad-blocker running.

Last evening with an android tablet and chrome browser I logged out of WTW to check out this complaint. There were pop up and banner ads. I logged back in and the ads were gone. This is another confirmation.

Since signed-in WTW members don't see ads -- and it's free to become a member -- doesn't seem like the ads should be a concern for "us".

On the other hand, folks who come to the WTW site for the first time -- so not yet members -- may be put off by the ads.
But I reckon that's a business decision by the owners of this site.

MarkBC said:
Since signed-in WTW members don't see ads -- and it's free to become a member -- doesn't seem like the ads should be a concern for "us".

On the other hand, folks who come to the WTW site for the first time -- so not yet members -- may be put off by the ads.
But I reckon that's a business decision by the owners of this site.
Maybe Janet could add a disclaimer that there are no ads free for members.
Frank

Starting to see a lot of ads,upper right hand corner of site.
Looking at one right now for "Ukrainian woman to meet".
Really? Not what I would call an ad that fits the site.
Not "old fashion or prudish" but some of the ads seem out of place IMO.
Frank

Back
Top Bottom