Advice/help

Anchored nomad

Advanced Member
While loading my Eagle into my new 3rd gen Tacoma I found out that the bed rails appear to be about 1 1/4” too short.

I know the 3rd gen bed is an inch deeper but did not expect this.

Anyone mount an eagle on a 3rd gen successfully, if so, what did you do?!

Greetings

Trying to help.

Please clarify what you mean....the bed rails, ( part of the truck bed) , are too short....

I am sure there are many folks willing to help but more info or an image would facilitate the effort.

David Graves

The bed depth (from top of the bed rails to bottom of the bed) appear deeper than that of the camper depth.

Thus, when putting the camper in the bed, the side rails of the camper would hit before the bottom of the camper.

This is a easy fix. A 2x4 frame under the camper should do the trick.
It's a common problem with a lot of campers going on newer trucks.

Look in the "truck campers topics" for older posts on this topic.
Frank

Attachments

• Wood Runners.jpg
    Wood Runners.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 134
I have the opposite problem. My camper was built to fit a truck with higher bed side rails than my truck has which results in about 6" of clearance (and wind dam) between the top of the cab and the bottom of the over-cab camper bed platform.

Wind fairing is the answer for me.

Or a 4X8 sheet of formular (pink, rigid insulation sheets found at Home Depot, etc.). I have a 1" thick sheet under my Grandby. I like it because it supports the whole floor. I've seen it up to 2" thick.

JaSAn said:
Or a 4X8 sheet of formular (pink, rigid insulation sheets found at Home Depot, etc.). I have a 1" thick sheet under my Grandby. I like it because it supports the whole floor. I've seen it up to 2" thick.

^^^
This is a quick and easy solution and has the added benefit of increasing the insulation for your camper.
They come in different densities. I would get the 250 (as opposed to the 150) like this...

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Owens-Corning-FOAMULAR-250-2-in-x-48-in-x-8-ft-R-10-Scored-Squared-Edge-Insulation-Sheathing-52DD/202085962

Back
Top Bottom