Advice Re: no screen door

Cast21

We bought a 2013 Hawk and back then the screen door was an option and the previous owner did not get one. Can anyone give some suggestions on how to get a modification. I did call FWC and you can not add it on from them now.
Thanks

I've read that you can get the screen door, but you have to replace the whole door assembly, including the door frame, because the non-screen-door frame is not deep enough for the screen. My 2012 non-screen door frame has no extra depth for the screen door. Now I wish I would have ordered the camper with the screen door.

I could be wrong, it's happened more than once.

Thanks Corey I will contact FWC again and ask. I also think we need a screen door. I’m wondering if a roll up screen door for an RV might work like a hide away screen door?

Wow thanks I will order the retractable screen door thanks for the help

My 2001 Hawk did not have a screen door. I bit the bullet and bought a new door with a screen door. Easy change and worth the money for us we used it all the time. I also was able to sell my old door online.

For anyone who cares we started with this

https://www.amazon.com/Austin-Mills-AM-SD101-Standard-Magnetic/dp/B07X9TDPSL/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=magnetic+screen+door&qid=1597088695&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExMDI1TkxDTzZCM0xTJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMTUxMTEwMzgxNUtXODBCNTRXSyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwOTg0Mjk1MjcwSUZLSkUxTjM2UCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

and cut it down to fit the door mounted the magnets, it's solid no middle seam,so to get in you pull one side down, maybe not as easy as a door but has been very effective, we just fold it up and put it in the storage bin when we are not using it. less than $20 and it's worked great

mhskog said:
For anyone who cares we started with this

https://www.amazon.com/Austin-Mills-AM-SD101-Standard-Magnetic/dp/B07X9TDPSL/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=magnetic+screen+door&qid=1597088695&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExMDI1TkxDTzZCM0xTJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMTUxMTEwMzgxNUtXODBCNTRXSyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwOTg0Mjk1MjcwSUZLSkUxTjM2UCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

and cut it down to fit the door mounted the magnets, it's solid no middle seam,so to get in you pull one side down, maybe not as easy as a door but has been very effective, we just fold it up and put it in the storage bin when we are not using it. less than $20 and it's worked great
I had a similar screen I made that velcroed in place on my '98 Ranger II. The problem was the screen was too stiff. What I would recommend is making one out of really flexible screen (like for tents) and, instead of a zipper in the center, make two panels that overlap in the center. Make it so it hangs down below the door with some weight hemed into the lower edge. Then just part the overlapping screens and let it wipe the mosquitos off your back when entering.

Of course a ping pong style bug zapper will eliminate any mosquitos that do make it inside.

Back
Top Bottom