Alabama Hills, Prez Weekend

generubin

Electric Baja
Anne and I decided to skip the crowds of Prsident's Weekend at Saline and headed for the Alabama Hills. Besides very few day users, we were the only ones camped over night. Night were in low 20's. Our Wave3 kept us nice and warm. The views were fantastic!

Video here:

Attachments

• IMG_0401.jpg
    IMG_0401.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_0406.jpg
    IMG_0406.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_0413.jpg
    IMG_0413.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_0446.jpg
    IMG_0446.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_0475.jpg
    IMG_0475.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 201
Thanks, Gene. Looks great!
smile.gif

Man, I'd sure visit that place a lot in winter if I lived closer than I do.

Classic photos, Gene. Especially Whitney under the arch.

Yes, I agree with Lighthawk, nice shots of the 'Bama Hills, Gene! But I think that is Lone Pine Peak seen through that natural arch.

Yes, it is Lone Pine Peak in the arch picture. Everyone else takes Whitney in the arch. I liked the way Lone Pine Pek looked better. Plus I didn't want to sit in the snow to get the right angel for Whitney.

Sorry, the pictures are a bit grainy. They and the video were all taken with an iPhone and then texted to Anne's iPhone and then bluetoothed to a lap top.

Nice pics and vids Gene, looked mighty peaceful out there especially with that light dusting adding to the mood. Glad you two had a good trip. Other events precluded us from getting out this weekend.

Yes, I agree with Lighthawk, nice shots of the 'Bama Hills, Gene! But I think that is Lone Pine Peak seen through that natural arch.

OOPS. Good call, Stew. I assumed the peak was Whitney, but didn't see very well while viewing on my phone.
I should know better . . .

Back
Top Bottom