All I can say is WOW!

WTH

CUSTOM 6X6 HYDRODRIVE SYSTEM – This unique system uses a hydrostatic drive system to provide power to the rear trailer axle in extreme off road conditions (sand, mud, snow, etc.) enabling 6×6 operation at speeds up to 25mph, at which speed the system automatically disengages and the trailer axle freewheels. The trailer axle is suspended and controlled by the same hydropneumatic system as the tractor and shares the same CTIS functionality.

I think he built it for his kids. Kids being what they are they'll tire of it or have no interest in it. Should be on Ebay soon.

Just the kind of ostentatious rubbish that I camp to avoid. I'm not jealous. I think it's just ugly. And I would wonder about the impact on terrain of anything that big and heavy.

Too complex. It would live in the shop. You would need a mechanic as a co-pilot on all trips.

yeah especially when you can have this instead.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 3.08.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 3.08.54 PM.png
    295.4 KB · Views: 56
As a fellow Unimog owner I find what he did that nice U500 pretty sad.. It's come up on the Unimog forum more than once and I believe the general consensus was in the negative...but hey ..to each his own..
If you go to the kiravan site be sure to click on the ''trip'' tab...oh wait , thats right , its never overnighted anywhere with dirt under its tires....

G Vavra

Back
Top Bottom