Aluminess bumper on my Super Duty with FWC Hawk

Advmoto18

Ordered an Aluminess bumper to tote my full size spare and extra water for my Hawk's 20 gallon water tank.

Well worth the coin and a quality product.

IMG_1579_R1.jpg

Bombsight said:
Sweet! ... Can I get a link to the water cans?
http://lexingtoncontainercompanysonlinestore.mybigcommerce.com/military-water-can/

or here...

http://www.jagmte.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=60

I recommend purchasing a MWC cap wrench. The caps are o-ringless. The caps are designed to be torqued tightly down in place; if not, they will leak. You can also use an inexpensive motorcycle shock spanner wrench. But, this wrench works much better:
http://www.paranoidfabrications.com/shop/water-can-lid-wrench/

I got an Alumiess rear for my Tacoma/Eagle. I have the deluxe box and the spare carrier and they had to make me a new bracket to move my spare over a bit so it wouldn't hit the box. I agree great folks and a great product.

P1020322.jpg

I'm assuming that the bumper mounted spare is a second spare in addition to the factory one? Or are aftermarket tires too large to fit under the bed?

Factory spare is tossed, or donated.

My spare is the same tire and size as all the others, 295/75-16. It would never fit in the factory spare storage space.

The down side...while I can get the wheel/tire off and back on the carrier if solo, best to have another person lend a helping hand. 91# of dead weight that wants to roll away!

My spare is the factory rim with the E rated tire like the rest on my truck. I don't think I can get to the factory spare spot any more since my back up camera is in the hole in the center of the bumper where I assume the crank would go in. It took two of us to get the spare on the carrier as well.

Advmoto18 said:
Factory spare is tossed, or donated.

My spare is the same tire and size as all the others, 295/75-16. It would never fit in the factory spare storage space.

The down side...while I can get the wheel/tire off and back on the carrier if solo, best to have another person lend a helping hand. 91# of dead weight that wants to roll away!
I remember seeing someone on this site fabricating a ratchet/fold down swing arm to load the spare tire.

Update...

There were a few very minor discrepancies with my bumper as received from ALUMINESS.

I conveyed my thoughts to Mike at Aluminess prior to departing NC for OX-West.

Mike had the shop fabricate a part to resolve the issue and brought the part to OX-West.

When the rain, sleet and snow finally gave way to sun on Sunday, Mike spent the better part of 90 minutes under my truck making the bumper absolutely perfect. At no cost to me!

You can't beat that for customer service! Thanks Mike!

I wish I'd received that kind of service rather than "here's some pieces you can weld on to hide the gap" and pieces that were welded bassackwards. Only took two weeks to get the right parts.

Still I'd love to have the rear bumper like Bill Harr.

18-
I just joined this site and am looking to get as much info as possible on pop ups that I may get for my F-350 SRW SD. There don't seem to be many FWC's East of the Mississippi.
I see that you're in NC...any chance on seeing your rig?
I go through NC fairly frequently..

smlobx said:
18-
I just joined this site and am looking to get as much info as possible on pop ups that I may get for my F-350 SRW SD. There don't seem to be many FWC's East of the Mississippi.
I see that you're in NC...any chance on seeing your rig?
I go through NC fairly frequently..
smlobx
PM sent.

Back
Top Bottom