And Suddenly It's Summer 2024!

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
Meteorological Summer began June 1st but we did not notice until it turned hot here yesterday (and today) - 86. Anything close to 90 here is hot. I'm already yearning for a retreat to Spring or a hurry up to Fall. That is unless we start going high to alpine lakes and wilderness fly fishing.

:)

Jumped way too hot too fast. Above the average temperatures. We're at 95 degrees.

Are places in usa soon to be unlivable in the summer months?

Others have posted about the Ventusky app, but we rely on it in the summer. It made it easy to select our campsite for tonight. 4 pm and 77 degF, while many other places were 10 degF hotter. 85 degF is roughly our comfort line.

Click on photo get complete image.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240606-162850.png
    Screenshot_20240606-162850.png
    403.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Jumped way too hot too fast. Above the average temperatures. We're at 95 degrees.

Are places in usa soon to be unlivable in the summer months?
Ya got that right-saw one Reno weather report that said temps were 15-25 above normal-hey I like it hot-senior people like it hot, I think we are like lizards because we seem to need to sit in the sun to warm up every day:love: before we can do anything! When you think that the week before was 10-20 degrees below normal and it snowed, you can make you own conclusions about climate change.

Smoke

We're back to our "summer" pattern on the coast.
Marine layer,chilly winds,no sun. We don't like the hot temps either
but I am sitting here in the casa with a heavy flannel shirt on.
Won't knock it though better then "lizard"weather.
Enjoy the weekend.
Frank

Others have posted about the Ventusky app, but we rely on it in the summer. It made it easy to select our campsite for tonight. 4 pm and 77 degF, while many other places were 10 degF hotter. 85 degF is roughly our comfort line.

Click on photo get complete image.
Wandering more in the Southwest that could make or break a trip. Do you find the app fairly accurate? Thanks

I hit the lake on Thursday. On the water by 0500, by 0800 it was 98F and the bite shut off! I managed to find a nice combo of Kokanee and Rainbows before things got too hot. When I pulled the boat out temps were at 102F. Sure was nice to come home to the coast and smoke my catch in a 67F foggy backyard.

Seek-Slay-Smoke.

Attachments

• IMG_4376.jpg
    IMG_4376.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 10
I hit the lake on Thursday. On the water by 0500, by 0800 it was 98F and the bite shut off! I managed to find a nice combo of Kokanee and Rainbows before things got too hot. When I pulled the boat out temps were at 102F. Sure was nice to come home to the coast and smoke my catch in a 67F foggy backyard.

Seek-Slay-Smoke.
Nice looking and I bet tasting fish.
Frank

Summer? Last month, when it was still [meteorological] spring, we had a few days of nearly 90F here in Bend. Today at 10am it was 60F in my house -- I turned the furnace on. :(

I don't know what the low outside actually was this morning...but it had been forecast to get down to freezing...!

Camped this weekend at Suttle Lake, east of Sisters, Oregon, at about 3500 feet. Rainy much of the day Saturday. Woke up to 34 degrees F both mornings. June in Oregon!! This was our first official trip in the Hawk flatbed (two weekends ago we drove it home from Missouri) and the cold rainy weather allowed us to ascertain two things: the heater works, and the camper doesn't leak in heavy rain. So all good. On Sunday it was 55-ish by afternoon and no rain, perfect for a walk along the Metolius River, one of the most beautiful rivers I know.

Camped this weekend at Suttle Lake, east of Sisters, Oregon, at about 3500 feet. Rainy much of the day Saturday. Woke up to 34 degrees F both mornings. June in Oregon!! This was our first official trip in the Hawk flatbed (two weekends ago we drove it home from Missouri) and the cold rainy weather allowed us to ascertain two things: the heater works, and the camper doesn't leak in heavy rain. So all good. On Sunday it was 55-ish by afternoon and no rain, perfect for a walk along the Metolius River, one of the most beautiful rivers I know.

Yup. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom