Annual Antelope Lake trip

craig333

Riley's Human
Big group trip we do every year. Got to spend a lot of time driving the Jeep around since I don't have a fishing license.
This area has suffered three large burns in the last couple years. Pic of that, my Jeep just downhill from a lookout, chicken night, movie night (they were showing "bolt") and a sign that didn't discourage me in the slightest.

Attachments

• burn.jpg
    burn.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 375
  • eatwell.jpg
    eatwell.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 354
  • jeeplookout.jpg
    jeeplookout.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 359
  • movienight.jpg
    movienight.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 342
  • hazsign.jpg
    hazsign.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 357
Just a group of guys. Started back in 1954 when a few guys would hike into the feather river with their sons. Then they invited a few more and those guys invited a few more and on and on. My dad hunted ducks with one of the guys and thats how we got invited. Moved up to Taylor Lake then down to where it is now on Antelope Lake. I've been going for over thirty years.

Most of the regulars have set jobs. I bring the eggs (yes I get off easy) and we all help with the camp. Going on so long its quite a level of organization. One guy collects all the receipts, reserves the campground sends out a bill. Usually winds up about $150 for five days.

Menu is - Wednesday=Stew Thursday=umm what was it?
Friday=chicken and ribs. Saturday=steak and chili.

And of course people are always cooking up fish, abalone, quesadillas etc. And of course we always have fruit and salad. Breakfast is usually omelets and pancakes with of course plenty of bacon.

We have a cribbage tournament, horseshoe tournament, trophies for the largest (fresh) fish. Golf tournament. Pinecone toss for the little kids (and of course they their own trophies for everyone else also).

Considering most of the guys make pretty good money, most still sleep in tents. I have the only FWC up there.

Craig,

To impress your fellow campers bring ostrich eggs next year. We did that on our Memorial Day trip this year and it turned out great. One egg is equivalent to about 2 dozen chicken eggs and it tasted better. It was actually fluffier than a regular egg. You will need a hammer and chisel to punch a hole in the shell. They are pricey and you'll be sol if someone orders it over easy.

Dick

Back
Top Bottom