Anwing Clips?

SLO_F-250

Hey Guys,

Recently bought a used Dometic Catalina 2500 Awning. Its in good condition but just doesn't seem to really secure itself as it did when it was new.

I have been pictures of rigs where the owner has added velcro straps, or clips at each end to help secure it. Right now I just have electrical tape up there.

Any tricks, tips, or links to hardware? Velcro strap setup that I could screw on the end?
Thanks in advance!

Pict of the awning.
2012-11-06_07-53-26_410.jpg

SLO, When I purchased my ATC Bobcat new a few years ago it came with a Domestic Awning. ATC put velcro straps at each end (the strap goes all the way around secured from the backside which is secured to the camper) to make sure it did not open on its own. The straps are still in use and all is good. You can probably get the velcro material at Home Depot.

I hope this helps.

Darryl

Darryl,

Thats pretty much what I am looking for. Any chance you could maybe snap a quick picture of it?
Thanks!

Paul

Many years ago they used to put a velcro strap around the awning.

They would sew up some velcro strips.

(some of strip had the soft portion of the velcro, and the other portion had the grippy part)

That way when it wrapped around it would stick to itself.

They would slide it behind the awning and wrap it around.

(see sample picture attached)

Attachments

• AWNING.JPG
    AWNING.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 132
To get the hooks and loops together (without any sewing), use Velcro One-Wrap, hooks on one side, loops on the the other side.

Home Depot should have it, and I know for sure West Marine has it (that's where I buy it).

Go to Brophy's for lunch and stop by The Chandlery - West Marine at the harbor (I miss the old Chandlery, before the sell-out). Or, the Calle Cesar Chavez store.

To get the hooks and loops together (without any sewing), use Velcro One-Wrap, hooks on one side, loops on the the other side.

Home Depot should have it, and I know for sure West Marine has it (that's where I buy it).

Go to Brophy's for lunch and stop by The Chandlery - West Marine at the harbor (I miss the old Chandlery, before the sell-out). Or, the Calle Cesar Chavez store.

I suggest we get together for a Brophy's rally.

Back
Top Bottom