Anyone interested in Alaska?

generubin

Electric Baja
Hello,

Here is what may be an opportunity for you. I am looking for someone who wants to visit Alaska but only wants to drive one direction. I am based in Ventura, CA which is just south of Santa Barbara. In late July I would like to drive to Alaska via BC, Yukon and a little bit of NWT, ending the trip in Anchorage.

I have done this trip a few times already, it is spectacular but round trip is just too far. My idea is that I use your truck/camper or Sportsmoblie, and I pay you rent for its use, of course. About the end of the first week of August, I fly back from Anchorage, you fly up and take the vacation of your life, and then drive back through Canada back home. Really, the best part of the trip!

I have extensive experience in Alaska, I can make recommendations to you on places you may like to visit. I have travelled every corner of Baja, USA Desert Southwest area and the Tunisian and Algerian Sahara Desert. I am an exe professional mechanic and I am intimately familiar with both Sportsmobile and Fourwheel campers. I am a very financially secure homeowner with a perfect driving record. And, again, I am happy to pay a fee to you for the use of your vehicle and even a substantial deposit against any damage.

On this board is a very good friend who has known me well for 20 years, he can vouch for me. He is user: Chnlisle .

You can learn more of whom I am by visiting: www.generubinaudio.com

If this seems interesting to you email me at generubinaudio@earthlink.net or call 805 340 2270

Thanks! Gene Rubin

Gee

An endorsment from Mr. Pueblo,that's as good as one from the Pope, you can pick up my truck and camper tomorrow, if I'm not home I'll park it in front of the house with the keys in the ignition.

2nd Try

I'm reposting the following because It doesn't show up on my PC. Not sure why maybe Aaron can weigh in here but here goes.

I've known Gene Rubin for over 20 years. He is the most scrupulously honest man I've ever met. We have wrenched on all types of vehicles together and he has helped me on my trucks for years. In the early 90's when we both lived in the San Gabriel Valley Gene bought a very sad FWC and rebuilt it including the front and back lift panels to perfection I might add. The finished product was something anyone on this board would have been proud to own.

The trip he's suggesting he actually did in one of my trucks. So I can attest first hand that you would have nothing to be concerned about if you agreed to let him use your vehicle.

I realize how covetous we all are of our FWC's and ATC's and I'm just another dude on the internet but I Know Gene and you won't be disappointed.

Gene you'll have to forgive Salty (The Fisherman) he's been quite ill and light headed but he means well.

Gene and Jay ,

I think old salty was saying what he ment this time.You should take the missle tow to alaska.That would be a sweet ride.Well I will let you and the crabman decide that. Good luck and safe travels

I'm Here Dude

I was busy, I take flying lessons every Thursday morning.

Attachments

• chubbyfail.jpg
    chubbyfail.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 280
I'm going to be cleaning up the trip reports forum a bit. Moved this one to camping. And yes, 100 miles for cream cheese will probably be redistributed as well :D

dog on duty

Dog bite for the fisherman.

sorry now back to loan me your camper.:D

Back
Top Bottom