Anza Borrego Bloom News

Looks like a good year for flowers in the southwest. My sister just north of Tucson had snow a few days back. Drought Monitor puts most of Arizona with no drought at all.

AWG_Pics said:
Looks like a good year for flowers in the southwest. My sister just north of Tucson had snow a few days back. Drought Monitor puts most of Arizona with no drought at all.
My cousin in Oracle, AZ (NE of Tucson) reports two significant snow storms this season, enough to prompt the purchase of a snow shovel.

ski3pin said:
My cousin in Oracle, AZ (NE of Tucson) reports two significant snow storms this season, enough to prompt the purchase of a snow shovel.
I wonder if she had to go to Show Low or Flagstaff to find a shovel? It is a cool spring this year.

AWG_Pics said:
I wonder if he had to go to Show Low or Flagstaff to find a shovel? It is a cool spring this year.
It is possible she asked one of her daughters in Wisconsin to export one into Arizona. :)

I was just there a couple days ago and flowers are not yet started for the most part. We have seen large local blooms in the AZ desert today. My sister (retired as head of dept Botany in Riverside CA) ... responded to me forwarding the link ...as she thought I meant they were in full bloom now...sent a curt "Fake News"!! email to me. HA! What do I know?! Sure wish we could have struck around for a week but our psyche says roll on! We have a lot of ground to cover yet and we keep getting sidetracked!

buckland said:
I was just there a couple days ago and flowers are not yet started for the most part. We have seen large local blooms in the AZ desert today. My sister (retired as head of dept Botany in Riverside CA) ... responded to me forwarding the link ...as she thought I meant they were in full bloom now...sent a curt "Fake News"!! email to me. HA! What do I know?! Sure wish we could have struck around for a week but our psyche says roll on! We have a lot of ground to cover yet and we keep getting sidetracked!

One of the best parts of travel adventures!

Hey Buckland

Have you gotten down to Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument south of Phoenix ?

David Graves

Yes we have been there and loved it. Pre Covid we did a trip out to Tucson and rented a car to visit. Remarkable.

Borrego Springs last Friday. Decent bloom….not a super.

Attachments

• AnzA.jpeg
    AnzA.jpeg
    137.5 KB · Views: 53
We have been to Borrego Springs many times.

There is just some much BS on the web these days I needed to ask...just to be sure.

DG

Back
Top Bottom