ARE YOU STILL BUYING BP/ARCO FUEL

the fisherman

Big Time
I'm not and for good reason, out of respect for the 20000 fisherman in the Gulf who no longer have a future.

The whole situation is infuriating. I hope BP gets liquidated as a result of this. However I'm not sure boycotting the BP stations is the right approach. I haven't bough Exxon gas for years as a result of the Valdez disaster. But now I am realizing that all of these companies are responsible for some tragedy somewhere so I'm not sure choosing one over the other makes any difference.

The whole situation is infuriating. I hope BP gets liquidated as a result of this. However I'm not sure boycotting the BP stations is the right approach. I haven't bough Exxon gas for years as a result of the Valdez disaster. But now I am realizing that all of these companies are responsible for some tragedy somewhere so I'm not sure choosing one over the other makes any difference.

Dog, I'm not really suggesting that anybody should boycott BP, and I don't think boycotts are effective, but given BP's track record and the fact that most of the people I know are commercial fisherman I personally will never buy a product produced by BP ever again. This seemed to be kind of an important topic right now, and I guess I wondered what peoples feelings were, I had somebody tell me yesterday that it's just the cost of doing business in the oil business, REALLY, I don't know what's wrong with me, but I have a real hard time buying into that, and I'm somebody who can't work without fuel, I'm also somebody who can't work without a clean ocean, how long before you'll be comfortable eating fish products from the Gulf?

If we boycott, are we taking away funds they need to clean up?? Horrible situation nomatter how you look at it..

Does it really take a giant spill for the National Gvt. to give a $hit about comm. fishing??....sad but true...our state would like us all to go away, for nuthin..we are the enemy to every enviro in Ca.... they will miss they're shrimp cocktails..but the farmed shrimp from Thailand will fill the gap :mad:

I have a hard time faulting BP in this disaster because they have only done what corporations have always done, get away with as much as you can for as long as you can in order to maximize profits for your shareholders. My anger is directed at our federal government. At Bush/Cheney for cutting the deals they did with the energy companies and at the Obama administration for not putting a stop to it on January 21, 2009. The income generated by oil and mineral leases is second only to the federal income tax and as long as the oil companies are paying the bills they call the shots. Money talks.

What scares me the most is that they cannot shut the supply off.

:eek:

How long will it keep going ?

Arg !

No worries Mate, if everything goes according to plan they'll have the problem solved by late August, you do the math, by late August what is left of the Gulf of Mexico?

chevron just dumped 30000 gals into the great salt lake.

drill baby drill

all the yahoos that vote to allow this stuff are at fault! remember the santa barbara spill? i do.
remember this crap when youre asked to vote on it!

when you vote to support this stuff you are obviously happy to assume this type of risk!

lets build more nuke plants too. i miss blinky...those folks up in vermont dont at the moment...i guess they dont like strontium 90....but they asked for it!

sure its safe!

Back
Top Bottom