Arrastra Mountain Wilderness -- AZ -- any experience?

AWG_Pics

Into the Great Empty
Good morning everyone.

We are thinking of going into the Arrastra Mountain Wilderness via 17-mile road on the north flank. A google search does not turn up much information. Do any of you have any experience there? We plan on visiting it in late March or early April. I appreciate any thing you may wish to share.

AWG_Pics said:
Good morning everyone.

We are thinking of going into the Arrastra Mountain Wilderness via 17-mile road on the north flank. A google search does not turn up much information. Do any of you have any experience there? We plan on visiting it in late March or early April. I appreciate any thing you may wish to share.
Look like our kind of place. :)

Sorry, no personal information to give you.

"..not at all popular."....Bingo, we have a winner!

Please post what you find out....not that far from our April visit to Tuweep ....

Phil

Wallowa said:
"..not at all popular."....Bingo, we have a winner!

Please post what you find out....not that far from our April visit to Tuweep ....

Phil
Will do Phil. We have a lot of similar explorations planned for this upcoming trip.

Taku said:
I assume you have seen this site, which has a bit of information:

https://wilderness.net/visit-wilderness/?ID=18
Yes, thanks. I am surprised how many wilderness areas there are in AZ and how infrequently many are visited. We stayed a night at the trailhead in the Eagletail wilderness last spring and had it all to ourselves. Same is true with the hummingbird wilderness several years ago. But that means there is not a lot of information out there. Which is o.k. with us!

yep - I use this site a lot and have visited several of the little known wilderness areas in western AZ. don't see too many folks once you get into them for sure.

Burro Creek is nearby and a little more heavily used. You may be able to glean something more about Arrastra Mountain by looking including Burro Creek in your search.

dr.tucson said:
Burro Creek is nearby and a little more heavily used. You may be able to glean something more about Arrastra Mountain by looking including Burro Creek in your search.
Good idea. Thanks. We stayed at Burro Creek campground while transiting to DV from Phoenix last year. The landscape is intriguing which is why we want to explore a bit more.

Back
Top Bottom