ATC AC install

mk10108

Started with camper engineering and made this. Took about 10 minutes to set up. Not fun in the TX heat.

IMG_8944.jpg

Spoke to Marty and he built this routing through the back window. Cools camper down in about 5 minutes vis Honda i2000 (400 watts). It's a cheap Home Depot LG model. As for winter got down to 9 degrees in CO and no cold coming through (sealed unit)

IMG_9667.jpg

Great Job to the ATC gang.

Nice... The AC isn't an option on the new FWC flatbed units, and I'll have to figure out how to make something work for the summer camping trips. I hate sweating in my sleep. I already have a small unit like that and the generator, and I think I'm going to build a box around it and duct the air through two small openings (intake/return) in the camper using dryer vent material. I'll just have to keep the box in the trailer until I need to use it. Should be quick setup though.

Don

=

Looks great. What did they charge you to install it?

1990 Ford F-250
1997 fwc grandby

97grandby said:
Looks great. What did they charge you to install it?
1990 Ford F-250
1997 fwc grandby
Approx 350 dollars. Removed window, pulled back outer sheet metal, cut and reinforced frame, tig welded . Added rest plate, installed new cladding. Also made it removable.

Back
Top Bottom