Awesome Sprinter Based Camper

CJ8Rockcrawler

This Dodge Sprinter based camper has some pretty cool features in it.

I have some ideas spinning in my head for mods to my FWC... and after my discussion at my get together in KOFA with some friends last weekend and seeing this guy's build, I think I need to get a new truck, a Keystone shell and start building!

Sprinter Builder Thread on Expeditionportal:

http://expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20079

A link to the bed spring product... pretty cool!

http://www.nickleatlantic.com/index.htm

That sprinter is pretty cool. Too bad I don't have the bucks.

does anyone have any experience with that Froli Sleep system?

I was thinking of getting the traveler series for the FWC bed. Not sure how it would work, but would try to get it under the top bunk. I only have a regular and not the extended bed. Those mattresses are thin, and any help would make it more comfortable.

Now, I use a nice, thick flannel lined sleeping bag as an extra padding on top of the mattresses when sleeping. If it is really cold, I will add thermarest mattresses under the regular mattresses for extra comfort/warmth.

What does everyone else do and who wants to try the froli first?!?

thanks

dave in Seattle

My thoughts on it are just pipe dreams at the moment... no major projects for the camper any time soon.

I thought the use of space and some of the products chosen were really well thought out designs.

The Froli bed unit I was especially interested in for the same reasons you mentioned. The thin bed pad just doesn't quite cut it. There is another thread here that discusses bed comfort along with other mods.

I was also intrigued by the shower setup with the teak wood. I think we could make something like that work in our campers as well right at the entry way.

Kyle

Too pricey for me, plus I worry about having air underneath me. Is that going to be insulation or just cold air.

4x4?

Because "Four Wheel Drive Sprinters will not be approved by Chrysler or Freightliner for sale in the United States" (according to Sportsmobile.com) I find the Sprinter inadequate. None the less, they are an interesting platform: tall and roomy yet very fuel efficient.

Maybe an International 7300 series with custom camper box? ;)

Wow!

Ah... but they are available... sort of... :)

4x4 Sprinter

I am impressed! That makes a heck of a camper!

I think I'd still rather have the 7300, though... But since neither fits my budget I guess I'll just use my F350 & ATC!

Back
Top Bottom