AZ Camping Ideas?

brett13

Lovecock
Its looking like the weather in AZ is going to be best next week and we have never explored there much (and will be travelling with dog). I'm wondering if anyone has good suggestions in/around the circled areas or websites with such info. I'm just starting my research today and hope to leave tomorrow (so much for work, I'm already mentally checked out in anticipations ;-) ) Thanks!
az.jpg

Looks like a fun trip. Look forward to the trip report (with lots of pics ;)) when you return!

The Apache Trail runs from Apache Junction to Roosevelt(?) reservoir. There's a few "free" campsites near tortilla flats and several pay campgrounds. All in all its a very cool route and worth a detour to see the vistas.

Rob

We took the Apache trail and camped at Apache Lake. The road winds right along the lake. We enjoyed it. Just remember if you plan to stay you need a "Tonto Pass." There's a ranger station at Roosevelt Lake where you can buy one. You can't pay at the campgrounds anymore and we had to waste an hour heading back out to get the pass. Hopefully you see this. Have fun.

Marc

Thanks for the tips. Wind turned out not to be much of a problem after all (what do weather people know anyway?). Didn't need to go as far as AZ, but I will post pics soon of out UT escapades.

Back
Top Bottom