Backstop Behind Bench Seat

NorCalSteve

Behind my bench seat gets cluttered pretty fast. I doubt others have as much trouble as I do because I seem to use it as a "catch everything" area and am always throwing junk back there. What I want to resolve is, when I tilt the bench seat forward so I can paw through all the junk behind the seat, items will slip forward and then the bench seat will not go back into position until I find the problem area and slide the items back that slipped forward. What I want to do is put a sheet of something between the bench seat and that back area so, when I pull the back forward, there is some sort of wall holding things in. What I will probably do is just put a thin piece of plastic or wood that will begin behind the seat cushions and go up to just below the back rest. I was thinking about running it up further but then I would need to bend it so it would go behind the back rest, that tilts back some.

Before I ran out and started looking for materials, I figured it would be smart to ping WTW for any input. Maybe someone has already done this or someone may have a really cool way to address this. I would also be interested in material ideas as well.

Thanks!

Steve

REI bicycle nets might work. I used 2 to make shoe holder, This post #246 on the modification thread.

med_gallery_1903_342_1857261.jpg

Try a few plastic storage boxes behind the bench. Boxes keep things contained pretty well and you can secure them with bungee cords or straps. There are a lot of sizes, configurations and colors at your local Target/Wal-Mart, etc.

I imagine the majority of us (my self included) use that as a catch all. I like the cargo net ideas.

Back
Top Bottom