Big Sur alert

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie
Site Team
Just a heads up.The fire at Big Sur is still going strong.I live ,as the crow fly's about 45 miles away and the smoke is getting strong.This afternoon on our walk not only could you see heavy smoke in the air but smell it.
If anybody is planning a trip through that area or a stay at Big Sur,you might want to check things out first.
The smoke there must be terrible.
Things are open or they were last I heard,but don't think I would want to camp there or even down the coast.
Frank

This was the sunset through some of the smoke and clouds.
Some good news,the fire should be 100% contained by Friday.
Frank

Attachments

• DSCN6619.jpg
    DSCN6619.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 88
  • DSCN6620.jpg
    DSCN6620.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 91
  • DSCN6623.jpg
    DSCN6623.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 83
With only a couple of small storms thus far in our wet season, I too wish for more precipitation. A woodland fire at this time is scary and I hope not an omen of what could come. Thanks for the update Frank.

Frank, it sure seems like the American West has had more than its fair share of fires over the past few years. Yes, let's hope they get this under control soon. Interesting photos, thanks!

Doug Stewart said:
Frank, it sure seems like the American West has had more than its fair share of fires over the past few years. Yes, let's hope they get this under control soon. Interesting photos, thanks!
The latest is full containment Friday.The winds might actually help as they are changing direction and may blow the fire back onto itself.
This all started by guess what,an illegal fire actually close to the road.
What a shame,Beautiful country up in smoke and ash.So far no injuries.
Frank

How many miles is this burn from you, Frank?

Ooops, I guess I should have read your first post more closely!

Back
Top Bottom