Broken Fridge Door Catch - 2021 Isotherm CR130EL

Jon R

I am not able to find this part in the illustrations or parts lists I find on line for the CR130EL. I broke off the small plastic catch that is at the upper corner of the fridge door opposite from the hinge line. It swivels to provide either a slight hold-open for ventilation when the fridge is not in use, a safety catch to prevent door opening while driving if the main latch pops open, or is out of the way in normal use. Has anyone else had to replace one of these and knows a part number and/or a source? I called the FWC parts department last week but they have not returned my call yet.

Also, can the top plastic trim piece that hides the screws for this latch and for the top hinge be removed without pulling the fridge out of the cabinet? It’s not obvious how that piece comes off and I don’t want to break it.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Jon

I have sane frig. 2022 Grandby.

Wife broke ours first trip.

I brought it up to FWC service manager during a visit and you have to take frig out.

Bad design. Should’ve been metal. Haven’t needed it off road.

There’s a black plastic slider under front top lip of frig. It has two positions: One for propping door open to defrost/keep cracked. Another position to keep door securely locked. Be careful not to accidentally keep it in defrost mode while moving

We haven’t missed the broken tab.

I have an Isotherm 80. For years I have struggled with propping the door open to air it out while in storage between trips. I had no idea there was the little plastic thing on top that worked to latch the door open slightly! While not turning on the light so as to run down your battery. Thanks for pointing this out.

I broke mine straight away, it is small and in a dark corner, easy to miss what position the catch is in. As noted, there is a sliding plate in the top center to works fine for close and vent.

Edit: I forgot to mention I glued the catch tab back on and so far it is holding together but it has never had to act as a catch yet, the main latch has worked fine.

Thanks for that suggestion. I was thinking something similar but was leaning toward a velcro strap for one-hand use.

Jon R said:
Thanks for that suggestion. I was thinking something similar but was leaning toward a velcro strap for one-hand use.
I'm sure that would be fine, but just in case, this latch is also easily operated with one hand. I sure wish that Isotherm would come up with a solid solution on their end. At least we have options and workarounds for now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom